Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Stop ALT+CTRL+DEL

Hi,

In my project I disable the ALT+CTRL+DEL, so that no one can End my process. But there are some third party tools which can allow to terminate the process. Is there any way stopping it.

Is there any Message that Windows send when some one terminate the program from Task Manager. So that I can stop it killing my Application.

Comments

• Sephiroth2Sephiroth2 Member Posts: 423
    : Hi,
    :
    : In my project I disable the ALT+CTRL+DEL, so that no one can End my process. But there are some third party tools which can allow to terminate the process. Is there any way stopping it.
    :
    : Is there any Message that Windows send when some one terminate the program from Task Manager. So that I can stop it killing my Application.
    :
    When you select terminate, it will send WM_CLOSE, and if the program doesn't close in time or doesn't respond to the WM_CLOSE, the user will be prompted to terminate the process or cancel. The only way of stopping that is to hack kernel32.
    You must unprotect the export table but you can't use VirtualProtect. Instead you must call the exported function 1 of kernel32.dll with the arguments 0x1000d, number of the first page, number of pages, -1, 0x20060000. Then you must replace TerminateProcess with your own. It must be in shared memory, so use VirtualAlloc to get a lump of that. The function should compare the argument with your own process handle and pass it on to the old function if it differs. You must copy all data you need into that space and you must not access data in the area below 0x80000000.

• Irfan AhmedIrfan Ahmed Member Posts: 4
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : In my project I disable the ALT+CTRL+DEL, so that no one can End my process. But there are some third party tools which can allow to terminate the process. Is there any way stopping it.
    : : Is there any Message that Windows send when some one terminate the program from Task Manager. So that I can stop it killing my Application.
    : When you select terminate, it will send WM_CLOSE, and if the program doesn't close in time or doesn't respond to the WM_CLOSE, the user will be prompted to terminate the process or cancel. The only way of stopping that is to hack kernel32.
    : You must unprotect the export table but you can't use VirtualProtect. Instead you must call the exported function 1 of kernel32.dll with the arguments 0x1000d, number of the first page, number of pages, -1, 0x20060000. Then you must replace TerminateProcess with your own. It must be in shared memory, so use VirtualAlloc to get a lump of that. The function should compare the argument with your own process handle and pass it on to the old function if it differs. You must copy all data you need into that space and you must not access data in the area below 0x80000000.
    :

Will you please explain how can I hack the kernal32. & what function I have to supply these parameters.