Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Client area vs window size...

SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
How can I create a client area that is larger than my window? I have a child window that takes up a small portion of my parent window, and it is created with scrollbars, but I cannot figure out how to make the client area larger. Say the window is 320x240, but I need the client area to be 800x600, how could I accomplish this?

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : How can I create a client area that is larger than my window? I have a child window that takes up a small portion of my parent window, and it is created with scrollbars, but I cannot figure out how to make the client area larger. Say the window is 320x240, but I need the client area to be 800x600, how could I accomplish this?
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]
    :

If you look at 'OnWmPaint()' in SCROLLERS.ZIP that I have sent you recently you will see this call:

SetViewportOrgEx (hDC,
    -GetScrollPos (hWnd, SB_HORZ),
    -GetScrollPos (hWnd, SB_VERT),
    NULL);

That is what makes the client area a viewport into a larger portion of window...

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    You know, I didn't have any clue as to what that did and thus hadn't messed with it, lol. Thanks Guru, I'll check out the source and my help files.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]