Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Clocking in Windows NT

sjbauesjbaue Member Posts: 2
I have a user that is clocking in Windows NT(SP4) when minimizing applications(the machine hesitates for 30-45 seconds and then it allows the app to minimize) any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.----The user does not have any issues when opening or closing applications.

shad

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : I have a user that is clocking in Windows NT(SP4) when minimizing applications(the machine hesitates for 30-45 seconds and then it allows the app to minimize) any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.----The user does not have any issues when opening or closing applications.
    :
    : shad
    :
    First, check his system resources. When I run my tracking software with full polyphony, 400% stereo seperation, high quality resampling, and dolby digital surround on, my stuff hesitates to minimize as well. If he's running NT on anything less than a P2/233 with 64mb of ram, that's one minor cause. You could also check his Device Manager to ensure that any hard-disk controllers are functioning properly as well as being installed. You should also check the System Properties/Performance area to make sure nothing is listed as being wrong there. One final thing is to check his free space. Windows is horrid at managing swap space, which is why I control mine (hey, it got me twice the framerate in games due to no swapping after level load!). Also, he may just need a reboot if he's trying to leave NT running for days on end. I reboot my machine once a day, but my Linux box has been up for over three years now *pets linux*.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]