Having visited both Compaq and Microsoft's update sites for upgrades for my computer, downloading and installing several upgrades, I've come to find that my system date was somehow set to the year 2011. I've got 8112 files on my hard disk that are now marked with this date. I've downloaded and installed XTreeWin, and have used it to change the year 2011 on all the files to 2001... a very tedious task! Still, I've got folders (directories) which have creation/last updated dates of 2011. I need an easy solution to fixing the year to the current year on all of those. Also, the Windows Critial Update Notification which is queued in the Task Scheduler, has an initial start date (time) of 2011... which isn't going to do me any good. I've tried to change it via setting properties, entering the current year (and what-not), but it keeps reverting itself back to the 2011 year. Microsoft tells me my Windows build is OEM by Compaq, and to ask Compaq for support - Compaq tells me it's a Microsoft product, and to ask Microsoft for support. So now I'm here asking you guys. As a side note... personally, I believe Compaq's support site was the source of this error/problem - because it was there that I discovered their support web page had the date 2011 marked on it. I've since notified them of this, and they've corrected it... emailing me a "thanks", but offering no further support for my problem with this. My thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read all this and respond.