I need help learning the windows API

Hi, I know c++ perfectly well, and it is really beginning to piss me off that every "Programming tutorial" I read is about some basic C++ programming crap.. I need something that will explain how to use the windows API in a neat and ordered way. Anyone know of anything like that?

--Bob

Comments

• : Hi, I know c++ perfectly well, and it is really beginning to piss me off that every "Programming tutorial" I read is about some basic C++ programming crap.. I need something that will explain how to use the windows API in a neat and ordered way. Anyone know of anything like that?

Sorry, don't know about a tutorial, but IMHO a pretty good way to practise Windows API progr. is to get Win32 Help and try to write some stuff.. Win32 API is huge, I know.. so maybe a tutorial is a better way anyways.... Argh :-)
    [code]
    _
    -- /-|LIENrIPPER --
    [/code]

• : http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/
    :

Thanks, that is the best tutorial I have read so far, but it's still not exactly what I was thinking of... It focused on writing a program from a template he gives you, but I would rather have something that breaks the windows API into sections, that tell you how to use different aspects, functions, data types... etc.

If anyone has any idea what I'm thinking about and knows of a site, please post it. =)

--Bob

• : Hi, I know c++ perfectly well, and it is really beginning to piss me off that every "Programming tutorial" I read is about some basic C++ programming crap.. I need something that will explain how to use the windows API in a neat and ordered way. Anyone know of anything like that?
    :
    : --Bob
    :

I bought book named Win 32 programming published by Addison-Wesley. It's little old, published in 1997, but I think it's pretty good book. I've learned a lot from it.

• Hi,

have you gone through the "Bible" of Windows Programming -> "Programming Windows" by Charles Petzold ??

That is the best book on Windows Programming till date and if you get time, drop at some bookstore and flip though the pages. Hope you'll find something of interest.
    :-)

Manish.

• Hi!
    I have free API project with comments (VC++ 6)
    Small game, short and clear.
    Keybod control + bitmaps and sound output.
    Look at http://www.brigsoft.com
    Dowloading and using are free unlimited.
    Alex.

: Hi, I know c++ perfectly well, and it is really beginning to piss me off that every "Programming tutorial" I read is about some basic C++ programming crap.. I need something that will explain how to use the windows API in a neat and ordered way. Anyone know of anything like that?
    :
    : --Bob
    :