Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

where can download all current rpm's?

it2000hokieit2000hokie Member Posts: 16
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know where (preferably an ftp site) I may download all of the current rpm's for the x86 architecture or at least all of the popular rpms.

I am looking to download the rpms all at once using an ftp process over the course of the weekend and then burn them all to CDs, so I do not have to download anything when I am not connected to the Internet.

Thank you.

Larry D.
[email protected]

Comments

• garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
    I would first take a good look through the FTP site for the distribution that you are using. Also, TUCOWS.COM has a linux section with quite a few programs available, with a bunch of RPSs

: Hello everyone.
    :
    : Does anyone know where (preferably an ftp site) I may download all of the current rpm's for the x86 architecture or at least all of the popular rpms.
    :
    : I am looking to download the rpms all at once using an ftp process over the course of the weekend and then burn them all to CDs, so I do not have to download anything when I am not connected to the Internet.
    :
    : Thank you.
    :
    : Larry D.
    : [email protected]
    :

• ryanryan Member Posts: 43
    Try www.rpmfind.net

: I would first take a good look through the FTP site for the distribution that you are using. Also, TUCOWS.COM has a linux section with quite a few programs available, with a bunch of RPSs
    :
    : : Hello everyone.
    : :
    : : Does anyone know where (preferably an ftp site) I may download all of the current rpm's for the x86 architecture or at least all of the popular rpms.
    : : I am looking to download the rpms all at once using an ftp process over the course of the weekend and then burn them all to CDs, so I do not have to download anything when I am not connected to the Internet.
    : : Thank you.
    : : Larry D.
    : : [email protected]
    :
    :