Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What's the best c++ editor for linux?

grathgrath Member Posts: 1
What's the best c++ editor for linux? I just got linux, and im just starting to learn c++. I tryed vim but its a little more complicated than i want. If anyone knows of a good c++ editor that is easy to start using and preferrably has a graphical interface please tell me.
Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    : What's the best c++ editor for linux? I just got linux, and im just starting to learn c++. I tryed vim but its a little more complicated than i want. If anyone knows of a good c++ editor that is easy to start using and preferrably has a graphical interface please tell me.
    : Thanks,
    : Bob
    :

Try Kdevelop. - I am not sure how good it is though.

• XfactorXfactor Member Posts: 343
    : What's the best c++ editor for linux? I just got linux, and im just starting to learn c++. I tryed vim but its a little more complicated than i want. If anyone knows of a good c++ editor that is easy to start using and preferrably has a graphical interface please tell me.
    :

A really simple editor is pico. Type 'man pico' without the quotes. This will give you more info on pico. I prefer emacs or Xemacs. They are easy to use.

• Jeff P.Jeff P. Member Posts: 196
    A couple of things you might want to look at:

Anjuta is a complete IDE-style environment,
    somewhat similar to MSVC++. It supports the concept of "projects"
    it can automatically create makefiles, scripts, etc....
    See:
    http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/

Nedit is a basic text editor, quite similar to Windows Notepad
    ( on the surface ) but MUCH more powerful. it supports syntax
    highlighting for many different programming languages,
    record/playback macros, a customizable "shell" menu
    (you can add "gcc" to the shell menu to compile your code
    from within the editor).
    To many features to list them all here!
    See:
    http://www.nedit.org

• crvosscrvoss Member Posts: 49
    :
    I'm a newbie to Linux and to C programming as well. I tried KDevelop but it crashed a lot -- then I went to Anjuta. Anjuta is very stable and has done a good job of introducing me to C and Linux as well. My vote goes to Anjuta.

• ramy.omarramy.omar Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    Because I am very biased to vim, I don't think it is as complicated as you think. May be
    you were not able to properly configure it to suit your needs. Although vim is based
    on the traditional vi editor, you can use it efficiently without the need to learn how to
    use vi i.e. editing and command modes, different editing commands, ...etc.
    If you already have vim installed on your system, I can send to you a configuration file
    that makes vim do everything the easy way. It also enables indentation, syntax highlighting,
    visual editing features, and all this stuff. Please let me know.
    Regards.
    Ramy.

: