Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

NTBIND evil to the core?

NTBIND refuses to compile WinAllegro examples to GUI (instead of console...) despite a WinMain function... what else do i need to do?

I've been having a great deal of difficulty with RSXNTDJ and WinAllegro. I've been trying since yesterday to compile the example programs and was met with a lot of problems. I was able to fix (aparently) all of them up to the point where i get to NTBIND. It compiles fine but obviously when the console app is run, it crashes. I have fiddle around with the wrapper and tried to simply write a WinMain instead of

main...

any uideas would be greatly appreciated.

ive used allegro a bit with dos, but i wanted to move into windows as soon as possible.

thanks

big nic

[email protected]

Comments

• I'm not familiar with NTBIND but is it a Win32 compiler or is it just for dos? I know that was a stupid question but this next one is even worse. Are you writing all the necessary code? Are you creating a window class and registering it and then displaying it? If i just wasted my time pointing out the obvious to you i am sorry. It's just that i am not familiar with any of the all caps terms you used like NTBIND and that other one. I was just guessing they were some sort of compiler environment.

_RacerX

: NTBIND refuses to compile WinAllegro examples to GUI (instead of console...) despite a WinMain function... what else do i need to do?

: I've been having a great deal of difficulty with RSXNTDJ and WinAllegro. I've been trying since yesterday to compile the example programs and was met with a lot of problems. I was able to fix (aparently) all of them up to the point where i get to NTBIND. It compiles fine but obviously when the console app is run, it crashes. I have fiddle around with the wrapper and tried to simply write a WinMain instead of

: main...

: any uideas would be greatly appreciated.

: ive used allegro a bit with dos, but i wanted to move into windows as soon as possible.

: thanks

: big nic

: [email protected]

• : I'm not familiar with NTBIND but is it a Win32 compiler or is it just for dos? I know that was a It's just that i am not familiar with any of the all caps terms you used like NTBIND and that other one. I was just guessing they were some sort of compiler environment.

: _RacerX

I just wrote in caps to catch Aattention easily to my problem.. =)

Anyway i figured out what it was. A friend told me that rsxntdj was released with a dumb bung. I had to add a line to the source and recompile

If anyone else is experienceing this problem, just do the following:

add

"__asm__(".stabs "_WinMain",5,0,0,_WinMain");"

right before the return in the main function in rsxntdjsourceemx4w32winmain.c. then make it.

The makefile must be altered to work... all the commands must be preceded by a and actual tab character aparently. so go through and delete all the spaces and put tabs infront of commands in the makefile. and its all set.