DLL creation

Where can I find info on creating DLL files? I'm working on a series of projects with Borland Builder and a lot of them will be using the same code. I'm already using classes so I can reuse the code, but, I'd rather use DLL's and let each program access them. Thank you in advance!
-Matt

Comments

• : Where can I find info on creating DLL files? I'm working on a series of projects with Borland Builder and a lot of them will be using the same code. I'm already using classes so I can reuse the code, but, I'd rather use DLL's and let each program access them. Thank you in advance!
    : -Matt
    :

Your documentation that came with Builder should explain it, I know the documentation I have with CBuilder5 explains it.

"Faith alone, won't sustain us anymore."
    -Faith Alone, Bad Religion

• If it is in there I either a) can't find it, b) don't understand, c) looking for a more indepth explanation. On a side note, I love Bad Religion. =) I'll take another look at the help files

-Matt

: : Where can I find info on creating DLL files? I'm working on a series of projects with Borland Builder and a lot of them will be using the same code. I'm already using classes so I can reuse the code, but, I'd rather use DLL's and let each program access them. Thank you in advance!
    : : -Matt
    : :
    :
    : Your documentation that came with Builder should explain it, I know the documentation I have with CBuilder5 explains it.
    :
    : "Faith alone, won't sustain us anymore."
    : -Faith Alone, Bad Religion
    :
    :

• Would this work in a DLL? If so, where would I put the code for the methods?

class __declspec(dllexport) CFile
    {
    public:
    CFile(char *handle, char *mode);
    ~CFile();

bool loadFile();
    bool closeFile();

private:
    char *_handle;
    char *_fileMode;
    FILE *_stream;
    };

: If it is in there I either a) can't find it, b) don't understand, c) looking for a more indepth explanation. On a side note, I love Bad Religion. =) I'll take another look at the help files
    :
    : -Matt
    :
    : : : Where can I find info on creating DLL files? I'm working on a series of projects with Borland Builder and a lot of them will be using the same code. I'm already using classes so I can reuse the code, but, I'd rather use DLL's and let each program access them. Thank you in advance!
    : : : -Matt
    : : :
    : : Your documentation that came with Builder should explain it, I know the documentation I have with CBuilder5 explains it.
    : : "Faith alone, won't sustain us anymore."
    : : -Faith Alone, Bad Religion
    :
    :

• : Would this work in a DLL? If so, where would I put the code for the methods?
    :
    : class __declspec(dllexport) CFile
    : {
    : public:
    : CFile(char *handle, char *mode);
    : ~CFile();
    :
    : bool loadFile();
    : bool closeFile();
    :
    : private:
    : char *_handle;
    : char *_fileMode;
    : FILE *_stream;
    : };
    :
    :
    : : If it is in there I either a) can't find it, b) don't understand, c) looking for a more indepth explanation. On a side note, I love Bad Religion. =) I'll take another look at the help files
    : : -Matt
    : : : : Where can I find info on creating DLL files? I'm working on a series of projects with Borland Builder and a lot of them will be using the same code. I'm already using classes so I can reuse the code, but, I'd rather use DLL's and let each program access them. Thank you in advance!
    : : : : -Matt
    : : : :
    : : : Your documentation that came with Builder should explain it, I know the documentation I have with CBuilder5 explains it.
    : : : "Faith alone, won't sustain us anymore."
    : : : -Faith Alone, Bad Religion
    :
    :

Well, you do know there is always one way to find out... try it.

I was going to come back with a definitive answer, but heck, all I would be doing is reading the documentation and try it until it worked.

Experiment.

PS: I'll still try it until it works just for my own gratification and in case you still can't get it to work.

"Faith alone, won't sustain us anymore."
    -Faith Alone, Bad Religion