Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

tab control on a dialogbox(main wihdow)

Hi All,

I am a newbie Windows programmer. I use C programming language, and Borland C++ for Win 95 as the IDE/Compiler.

I am unsuccesful in creating a working tab control in a dialog box(which is the mian window - called using DialogBox in WinMain)..
On WM_NOTIFY, for the tab control, I am trapping the SEL_CHANGE message to show the various dialog boxes assosiated with each of the tab sheets.
Contrary to what is given in text books, I get two SEL_CHANGE messages when a switch between tab sheets is made. I am also unsuccessful in displaying the dialog box on SEL_CHANGE.
Please help.. if possible with code snippets...

Any good tutorial on using Dialog Box as the main Window??

TIA..
I understand only C.. (no C++, MFC)
regards
Vipin Cherian

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : Hi All,
    :
    : I am a newbie Windows programmer. I use C programming language, and Borland C++ for Win 95 as the IDE/Compiler.
    :
    : I am unsuccesful in creating a working tab control in a dialog box(which is the mian window - called using DialogBox in WinMain)..
    : On WM_NOTIFY, for the tab control, I am trapping the SEL_CHANGE message to show the various dialog boxes assosiated with each of the tab sheets.
    : Contrary to what is given in text books, I get two SEL_CHANGE messages when a switch between tab sheets is made. I am also unsuccessful in displaying the dialog box on SEL_CHANGE.
    : Please help.. if possible with code snippets...
    :
    : Any good tutorial on using Dialog Box as the main Window??
    :
    : TIA..
    : I understand only C.. (no C++, MFC)
    : regards
    : Vipin Cherian
    :
    Check MSDN for 'PropertySheet()' function - it allows to do the tabbed dialogs.