Emulator Newbie

Hi, !old school east side guys!

First:
I want to know, why nobody can make a PS2 emu.
Is there a language, who nobody knows, or what????

Second:
I developing with Borland Delphi 5.0. How can i develop a PS1 emulator????? Is it difficult??? What tools i have to have?????

THX for each helper
Cu,TigerBundy

Comments

• : Hi, !old school east side guys!
    :
    : First:
    : I want to know, why nobody can make a PS2 emu.
    : Is there a language, who nobody knows, or what????
    :
    : Second:
    : I developing with Borland Delphi 5.0. How can i develop a PS1 emulator????? Is it difficult??? What tools i have to have?????
    :
    : THX for each helper
    : Cu,TigerBundy
    :

Hi!

Technically, there's no reason why you can't build a PS2 emulator. You need to tear apart the ROM processor code, and build some software that will function like it.

As a practical matter, there are ways that the PS2 people can protect their code, and make it difficult for you to take it apart. But nothing's impossible.

As to how difficult it is? Well, you'd need to learn how to do machine code for the processor that's being used. There may or may not be utilities you'll need - memory dumps, disassemblers, cross-assemblers. If there are not, you'd need to write them first.

It's a big prject, but something that can be done if you are clever enough, and obsessed enough, to pull it off.

Give it a try!

Melissa