Mode 13h. Higher Resolution?

I've been using C/C++/DOS/Mode 13 for a while, and

the resolution sucks; I need at least 600X400. They say, Win32 is good for game programming, with Direct X or Open GL, but I can't get them to setup with VC++ 6.0. Is there an easy way to access SVGA/VESA (without bank switching or batch files)? Help!

Comments

• : I've been using C/C++/DOS/Mode 13 for a while, and

: the resolution sucks; I need at least 600X400. They say, Win32 is good for game programming, with Direct X or Open GL, but I can't get them to setup with VC++ 6.0. Is there an easy way to access SVGA/VESA (without bank switching or batch files)? Help!

If you want to look at some commented samples of how to setup Win32 and DirectX programs with VC++ 6 I could e-mail some to you.

• : I've been using C/C++/DOS/Mode 13 for a while, and

: the resolution sucks; I need at least 600X400. They say, Win32 is good for game programming, with Direct X or Open GL, but I can't get them to setup with VC++ 6.0. Is there an easy way to access SVGA/VESA (without bank switching or batch files)? Help!

You can try out Allegro. It's located at http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/ and it works for DJGPP, a free C/C++ compiler. Also WinAllegro works with DirectX for you. I like the functions and such used for Allegro and the routines used for the graphics and such are some of the best found. It's free too.

Oh yeah, I think it can do up to 1600x1400xTrueColor.

-Xotor-