HELP WITH GAME PROGRAMMING

I'm an intermediate C/C++/DOS/Java/HTML programmer, and freehand illustrator, seeking GAME programmers to help. I know Mode 13h, but its resolution won't suffice, and SVGA/VESA is complicated as hell. Know some Win32, but can't get Direct X to setup with VC++ 6.0; and Win32 isn't complete without Direct X. My favorite genres are Action and Fighting. I'm not interested in RPG or Puzzle. The idea programmer would know sprite (animation, scrolling, collision, etc) concepts specificly. E-Mail: t3rr0r@hotmail.com ("0" is ZERO), or ICQ: 35933141

Thank you.

Comments

• : I'm an intermediate C/C++/DOS/Java/HTML programmer, and freehand illustrator, seeking GAME programmers to help. I know Mode 13h, but its resolution won't suffice, and SVGA/VESA is complicated as hell. Know some Win32, but can't get Direct X to setup with VC++ 6.0; and Win32 isn't complete without Direct X. My favorite genres are Action and Fighting. I'm not interested in RPG or Puzzle. The idea programmer would know sprite (animation, scrolling, collision, etc) concepts specificly. E-Mail: t3rr0r@hotmail.com ("0" is ZERO), or ICQ: 35933141

T3rr0r (why don't you just use that name in the header?), take a look at Allegro (http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/) and then click on WinAllegro (or download the work in progress version of Allegro).

It does all the scrolling, etc. work you want and supports up to 1600x1400xTrueColor resolution. WinAllegro and the work in progress (WIP) version both work with DirectX too so you can do your directX programming.

Allegro is also one of the easiest, yet very powerful, graphics libraries that is on the net and free. It also supports other OSes like Linux, BeOS, etc.

Seems that would be something to look into.

-Xotor-

• : I'm an intermediate C/C++/DOS/Java/HTML programmer, and freehand illustrator, seeking GAME programmers to help. I know Mode 13h, but its resolution won't suffice, and SVGA/VESA is complicated as hell. Know some Win32, but can't get Direct X to setup with VC++ 6.0; and Win32 isn't complete without Direct X. My favorite genres are Action and Fighting. I'm not interested in RPG or Puzzle. The idea programmer would know sprite (animation, scrolling, collision, etc) concepts specificly. E-Mail: t3rr0r@hotmail.com ("0" is ZERO), or ICQ: 35933141

: Thank you.

if you want to use DirectX, be sure to add the

ddraw.lib, dsound.lib files (or the lib files for whatever other component your using),

once you get the directx sdk working you will see

that directx programming is very simple