How to add menu to API.

I'm using Win32 API not MFC. Now how do I add a menu to my program. I made one by CLicking Resource Script. Now what do I do. I know I have to Link it by the Window Class. but what do I put in wc.lpszMenuName? The name of the file ie. Menu.rc or the name given to the menu IDR_MENU?? Then what do I put in the CreateWindow(), if anything. Basically how do you add a menu, by using the API not MFC
Learning Win32 Api and some DirectX. How long did it take you to learn DirectX and the Windows API.

Comments

• : I'm using Win32 API not MFC. Now how do I add a menu to my program. I made one by CLicking Resource Script. Now what do I do. I know I have to Link it by the Window Class. but what do I put in wc.lpszMenuName? The name of the file ie. Menu.rc or the name given to the menu IDR_MENU?? Then what do I put in the CreateWindow(), if anything. Basically how do you add a menu, by using the API not MFCLearning Win32 Api and some DirectX. How long did it take you to learn DirectX and the Windows API.
    :
    [code][code=21C6FF][color=FFFFFF]
    1. wc.lpszMenuName = MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDR_MENU);

2. CreateWindow (...,LoadMenu (hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDR_MENU)),...);

3. In window proc:
    case WM_CREATE:
    SetMenu (hWnd, LoadMenu (hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDR_MENU)));
    return 0;
    [/color][/code][/code]

Cheers!
  • : : I'm using Win32 API not MFC. Now how do I add a menu to my program. I made one by CLicking Resource Script. Now what do I do. I know I have to Link it by the Window Class. but what do I put in wc.lpszMenuName? The name of the file ie. Menu.rc or the name given to the menu IDR_MENU?? Then what do I put in the CreateWindow(), if anything. Basically how do you add a menu, by using the API not MFCLearning Win32 Api and some DirectX. How long did it take you to learn DirectX and the Windows API.
    : :
    : [code][code=000000][color=21C6FF]
    : 1. wc.lpszMenuName = MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDR_MENU);
    :
    : 2. CreateWindow (...,LoadMenu (hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDR_MENU)),...);
    :
    : 3. In window proc:
    : ...
    : case WM_CREATE:
    : SetMenu (hWnd, LoadMenu (hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDR_MENU)));
    : return 0;
    : [/color][/code][/code]
    :
    : Cheers!
    :