Newbie to db-programming

Hi, I'm supposed to write a program that gets data from a FoxPro db and stores it in variables, so that it can basically be manipulated and then thrown out into a text file.
I never worked with databases, so I'm quite lost, what is even worse is, that I only use C++, (Win32 API of course) but everything I've seen so far is VB. Can anybody give me a hint in which direction I shall search and maybe even mail me some code to jonas@eichhorst.net as I learn best from manipulating examples?
thx very much

Comments

• : Hi, I'm supposed to write a program that gets data from a FoxPro db and stores it in variables, so that it can basically be manipulated and then thrown out into a text file.
    : I never worked with databases, so I'm quite lost, what is even worse is, that I only use C++, (Win32 API of course) but everything I've seen so far is VB. Can anybody give me a hint in which direction I shall search and maybe even mail me some code to jonas@eichhorst.net as I learn best from manipulating examples?
    : thx very much
    :
    Look at this forum thread http://www.vbcity.com/forums/topic.asp?tid=672&highlight=DBF

Neo Gigs
    http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo

• : : Hi, I'm supposed to write a program that gets data from a FoxPro db and stores it in variables, so that it can basically be manipulated and then thrown out into a text file.
    : : I never worked with databases, so I'm quite lost, what is even worse is, that I only use C++, (Win32 API of course) but everything I've seen so far is VB. Can anybody give me a hint in which direction I shall search and maybe even mail me some code to jonas@eichhorst.net as I learn best from manipulating examples?
    : : thx very much
    : :
    :
    :
    i am using delphi 5.0 interprise it can do all that with Bathmove component