mic

Comments

• : Hi!
    : finally its done :)
    : But how to make my app shareware??
    : is there someone that got any useful code, or is there
    : a vcl that do this???
    : Blind Gurdian is not the answer.

To make it shareware you just have to license it as such. Say it is free for 30 days, after which time they have to register it.

But I assume you mean you want to make it stop working after 30 days, or to cripple it right from the start so it is more like a demo. This is a little more complicated. If I were to write shareware instead of freeware this is what I would do:

If your program is popular enough to be used by many people, it will be popular enough to be cracked. So the only real way to protect your program is to copy your source to a temporary directory and physically delete portions of code. For example, if your program was a really awesome text editor that you didnt want to let people save in. One way would be to do:

[code]
    procedure SaveClick;
    begin
    if Not(Registered) then Exit;
    Memo1.Lines.SaveToFile('c:lah.txt');
    end;
    [/code]

That would work, but like I said if it is popular enough that would be simple to crack. What I would do is:

[code]
    procedure SaveClick;
    begin
    // oops looks like there is no code here at all
    // good luck cracking this
    end;
    [/code]

Personally I think it is too much of a hassle to protect a program, especially since nowadays everyone wants everything for nothing, so if I was you I would just release as freeware and save yourself a headache :-)
  • The last post is rigth why dont you just made to versions of your program a cut down Basic Edition and the Full one that you have to pay for befor you can get that why you dont need to have to make your program a demo ust make a cute down versions and take away the best options on your program...

Your Dev