Windows Programming in Borland C++

I need help finding a *GOOD* C++ tutorial that I could read and learn how to program windows applications in. Can anyone help me? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Mays

Comments

• : I need help finding a *GOOD* C++ tutorial that I could read and learn how to program windows applications in. Can anyone help me? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    :
    :
    : Mays
    :
    [blue]You should not assume that Windows programming is connected to C++. In fact, Windows itself is written mostly in C, not C++. So, my advice is to start from scratch by reading this book:

Charles Petzold
    "Programming Windows"
    Fifth Edition

He gives the samples of source code and then explains line-by-line what is going on. These samples are in C, but still Windows and C++ are not connected.

Of course, once you have mastered Windows basics - you can wrap all the details of Windows programming into C++ classes and it will greatly improve your developing quality.[/blue]
  • : : I need help finding a *GOOD* C++ tutorial that I could read and learn how to program windows applications in. Can anyone help me? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    : :
    : : Mays
    : [blue]You should not assume that Windows programming is connected to C++. In fact, Windows itself is written mostly in C, not C++. So, my advice is to start from scratch by reading this book:
    :
    : Charles Petzold
    : "Programming Windows"
    : Fifth Edition
    :
    : He gives the samples of source code and then explains line-by-line what is going on. These samples are in C, but still Windows and C++ are not connected.
    :
    : Of course, once you have mastered Windows basics - you can wrap all the details of Windows programming into C++ classes and it will greatly improve your developing quality.[/blue]
    :
    Get the WINDOWS API from Micro$oft. It has a lot of info. RELIABLESOFTWARE.COM has a lite tutorial on the subject. Read it and play with the examples. If you're using BCC32, make sure to use the -tW switch when you compile.
    et