hmm to choose

I am interested in studying VB6. Now can i do the same advanced things with it as c++ can?
Like portscanners with firewall bypass.
thnx

Comments

• : I am interested in studying VB6. Now can i do the same advanced things with it as c++ can?
    : Like portscanners with firewall bypass.
    : thnx
    :
    You can do same things in VB than in C (only without consol apps, and advanced class operations). VB is much slower than C, you must choose, simplicity vs speed
  • : : I am interested in studying VB6. Now can i do the same advanced things with it as c++ can?
    : : Like portscanners with firewall bypass.
    : : thnx
    : :
    : You can do same things in VB than in C (only without consol apps, and advanced class operations). VB is much slower than C, you must choose, simplicity vs speed
    :

Actually, you can make console apps in VB, and you can fake some of the more advanced class features (none of the good ones though...).

You can also dramatically increase VB's speed by using some of the advanced optimizations to turn off some of VB's checks after every operation.
  • I always turn off overflaw and array bound checking.

For the consol apps in VB you use apis, right ? Can you send me an example ?
  • : I always turn off overflaw and array bound checking.
    Heck, I turn them all off since it reduces the number of instructions...

: For the consol apps in VB you use apis, right ? Can you send me an example ?
    :
    I thought I had a sample, but apparently not. All I have is the Win32 Programmer's Ref. It gives a list of APIs and decent descriptions on most of them, but no examples...
  • Do you know where can I found an example?

thanks.
  • : Do you know where can I found an example?
    :
    : thanks.
    :

Not definitely, but a decent place to try would be http://www.planetsourcecode.com/.