Looking for comments on ENVELOP

Just downloaded a copy of Envelop, which is supposed to be a VB clone. Before I start wasting a mess of time with this, has anyone used it before?... and if so, what did you think of it. Also, looking for a site to download QB. Seems every link I've been going to has been shut down / not available.

Comments

• : Just downloaded a copy of Envelop, which is supposed to be a VB clone. Before I start wasting a mess of time with this, has anyone used it before?... and if so, what did you think of it. Also, looking for a site to download QB. Seems every link I've been going to has been shut down / not available.
    :
    :
    Try gbgames.com, under downloads then compilers.

All computers wait at the same speed

• : : Just downloaded a copy of Envelop, which is supposed to be a VB clone. Before I start wasting a mess of time with this, has anyone used it before?... and if so, what did you think of it. Also, looking for a site to download QB. Seems every link I've been going to has been shut down / not available.
    : :
    : :
    : Try gbgames.com, under downloads then compilers.
    :
    :
    :
    : All computers wait at the same speed
    :
    :

I'll check that site for the download - thanks!

My computer waits at 1.xghz, which is a whole lot of nothing for something. I find it amazing... we're creating these super fast processors, which still spend most of their time in an idle state waiting for something to do... a lot like the human brain (using 10% or less of it's potential)... we're almost there!

• : Just downloaded a copy of Envelop, which is supposed to be a VB clone. Before I start wasting a mess of time with this, has anyone used it before?... and if so, what did you think of it. Also, looking for a site to download QB. Seems every link I've been going to has been shut down / not available.
    :
    :
    I have a copy of envelop. I was working on the windchill program that's in the help file. For some reason I haven't finished it, so I can't say how big the compiled program is. I had trouble finding out how to build the final exe.

• : : Just downloaded a copy of Envelop, which is supposed to be a VB clone

Hi Alan!

Where did you download Envelop?

By the way, QB is at the link that Hadji mentioned.

Melissa

• Hi. I Just Downloaded Envelop, And I Am Finding It Fairly Self-Explanitory. I Finished The Windchill Program, And It Isn't All That Spectacular. I Was Wondering, If You Can Help, I Am Having Trouble Creating A Button That Opens A Subform When Clicked. Please Help.
    Thanx.
  • : Hi. I Just Downloaded Envelop, And I Am Finding It Fairly Self-Explanitory. I Finished The Windchill Program, And It Isn't All That Spectacular. I Was Wondering, If You Can Help, I Am Having Trouble Creating A Button That Opens A Subform When Clicked. Please Help.
    : Thanx.
    :
    try something like this
    under
    Sub Button1_Click()
    Form2.Visible=True
    End Sub

I know a bit of envelop, so email w/ other questions if you wish, and i'll try to help.