directories

HELP!!!!

I used the following command:
[code=pre]
$file = fopen("../intranet_documents/bin/UGAMM.html","w");
[/code]
The directory sctructure exists, but why am I not allowed to create a file on that location. Rights on that dir are set to drwxrwxrwx

All I get is:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /ext/dsk1/m/ma/mac-doggie.nl/html/Bobit/Intranet II/scripts/intranet_II.inc on line 189

Warning: fopen("../intranet_documents/bin/UGAMM.html", "w") - Operation not permitted in /ext/dsk1/m/ma/mac-doggie.nl/html/Bobit/Intranet II/scripts/intranet_II.inc on line 189

Anyone got a suggestion ???
;-)
-mac-
mailto:[email protected]
the Netherlands...

Comments

• maybe you should try to open this file via the full directory-name (for example: "/home/web/my_site/path/file.txt"), it might work better - if it still not works it's an error in your server administrators apache-configuration and you should contact him for details on the problem.

• try this:
    [code]
    <?php

echo realpath("../intranet_documents/bin/UGAMM.html");
    // this will print the real path (/bla/bla/intranet_documents/bin/UGAMM.html)
    // to see if the path is oke (realpath will return "" if the path isn't oke)

?>
    [/code]
    : HELP!!!!
    :
    : I used the following command:
    : [code=pre]
    : $file = fopen("../intranet_documents/bin/UGAMM.html","w");
    : [/code]
    : The directory sctructure exists, but why am I not allowed to create a file on that location. Rights on that dir are set to drwxrwxrwx
    :
    : All I get is:
    :
    : Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /ext/dsk1/m/ma/mac-doggie.nl/html/Bobit/Intranet II/scripts/intranet_II.inc on line 189
    :
    : Warning: fopen("../intranet_documents/bin/UGAMM.html", "w") - Operation not permitted in /ext/dsk1/m/ma/mac-doggie.nl/html/Bobit/Intranet II/scripts/intranet_II.inc on line 189
    :
    :
    : Anyone got a suggestion ???
    : ;-)
    : -mac-
    : mailto:[email protected]
    : the Netherlands...
    :
    :