3d gamestudio

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the 3d gamestudio software for a lower price than is listed on the website. I'm afraid the pricetag for the professional edition is just way too high for my pocket book.

Comments

• There's version 5 on E-bay right now:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=3d+Gamestudio

GL

: I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the 3d gamestudio software for a lower price than is listed on the website. I'm afraid the pricetag for the professional edition is just way too high for my pocket book.
    :

• Hmm... download a file sharing program like grokster (www.grokster.com) or kazaa (www.kazaa.com) and search for it on there. People usually give full programs with serial codes there for free. Scan the files with a virus scanner first though.
  • I found a Software Package called Game Programming Starter Kit 5.0. It has MSVC++ 6.0 Introductory Edition amd 3D GameStudio Standard 5.12. It also has the ebook of Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus and the Microsoft DirectX 8.0 SDK. and a book called Game Design Secrets of the Sages. I live in Australia so it would have a different price tag. It is well looking for!

Bye

Dartsman
  • [b][red]This message was edited by White Rhino at 2002-10-11 3:42:0[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by White Rhino at 2002-10-11 3:41:20[/red][/b][hr]
    3D game Studio in a nice engine but in order to do anything that is acually worth the time (for me) you need to spend $200 for the commercial version. All thats missing is beam generator and mirrors. And commercial distribution, but the big loss is no openGL support and none are planned to take place. I personaly would chose Genisis 3D. Its open source,DX and OGL supported (well glide, but it is evolving into destany 3d with full OGL), freely distributable for commercial purposes, but you must keep the logo in front of the game(if i understood the licence right). And if thats a problm, only $10,000 to call it your own. Unlike 3DGS that charges $1200 to distribute with logo, $11200 with out logo and no OGL support. I purchaced 3dGS with the Game programming starter kit 5.0, the upgraded to commercial.
    Now I'm learning the in and outs of genesis and destiny.

Genesis3D can be found at www.genesis3d.com (A mature sourceforge project)

Destiny3D can be foun at www.destiny3d.com (destiny is still under development and a membership fee of $40 must be paid to watch it grow and download the daily improvements)