Hi please help me in getting CLASSID of an ActiveX control !!

Hi,

I have created an ActiveX Control in Visual Basic 6.0 under WINDOWS 98. I want to get its CLASSID, So that i can place it on a WEB PAGE.
For Example :

So Can you please help me, how to get the CLASSID of my ActiveX control. And in which directory those values will reside under WINDOWS 98 ?.

ThanX in advance for your Patience and Time.

Bye...
Cheers
Kishore

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I have created an ActiveX Control in Visual Basic 6.0 under WINDOWS 98. I want to get its CLASSID, So that i can place it on a WEB PAGE.
    : For Example :
    :
    :
    :
    : So Can you please help me, how to get the CLASSID of my ActiveX control. And in which directory those values will reside under WINDOWS 98 ?.
    :
    : ThanX in advance for your Patience and Time.
    :
    : Bye...
    : Cheers
    : Kishore
    :

They reside in the registry. If your project is called Project1 and your control is UserControl then search for Project1.UserControl in the registry. You should find the CLSID in that area...
  • : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I have created an ActiveX Control in Visual Basic 6.0 under WINDOWS 98. I want to get its CLASSID, So that i can place it on a WEB PAGE.
    : : For Example :
    : : So Can you please help me, how to get the CLASSID of my ActiveX control. And in which directory those values will reside under WINDOWS 98 ?.
    : : ThanX in advance for your Patience and Time.
    : : Bye...
    : : Cheers
    : : Kishore
    :
    : They reside in the registry. If your project is called Project1 and your control is UserControl then search for Project1.UserControl in the registry. You should find the CLSID in that area...
    :

Hi,
    I am very Thankful to you. As i am new to REGISTRY concept...Please suggest me how to get the value of CLSID from REGISTRY.

Bye...
    Cheers
  • : Hi,
    : I am very Thankful to you. As i am new to REGISTRY concept...Please suggest me how to get the value of CLSID from REGISTRY.
    :
    : Bye...
    : Cheers
    :

The registry is the core location of Windows' and applications' settings. Many settings can be changed there that aren't provided with an interface elsewhere. Be careful if you change something manually, you could cause problems from an unexpected preference change all the way to Windows' no longer booting!

Start Menu - Run - Regedit

Search as I stated.