help vb6

Im working in atm(teller machine) and I have to create the accounts foer the costumers with password and also I have to do transactions with that information Anybody Can help?

Comments

• 1. use a standard database like SQL
    2. use a internal database made with UDT's

i never work with ADO stuff so no help for that. To make an udt:

[scope] TYPE UserAccount
    strUserName as string
    strPassword as string
    End Type

[scope] udtUserAccounts() as UserAccount ' make a dynamic array with user accounts.

familliar with redim??? this is used to REdim a dynamic array.

: Im working in atm(teller machine) and I have to create the accounts foer the costumers with password and also I have to do transactions with that information Anybody Can help?
    :

[blue]DarQ[/blue]

• : Im working in atm(teller machine) and I have to create the accounts foer the costumers with password and also I have to do transactions with that information Anybody Can help?
    :
    Could you be more speciphic? What kind of help do you need?
  • I was thinking in access but tell me more about sql.

: 1. use a standard database like SQL
    : 2. use a internal database made with UDT's
    :
    : i never work with ADO stuff so no help for that. To make an udt:
    :
    : [scope] TYPE UserAccount
    : strUserName as string
    : strPassword as string
    : ...
    : ...
    : End Type
    :
    : [scope] udtUserAccounts() as UserAccount ' make a dynamic array with user accounts.
    :
    : familliar with redim??? this is used to REdim a dynamic array.
    :
    :
    : : Im working in atm(teller machine) and I have to create the accounts foer the costumers with password and also I have to do transactions with that information Anybody Can help?
    : :
    :
    : [blue]DarQ[/blue]
    :
    :

• said: "No help for that"

i only use SQL with PHP on linux. never used external db with VB cuz i think it sucks.

try somewhere else

: I was thinking in access but tell me more about sql.
    :
    :
    :
    : : 1. use a standard database like SQL
    : : 2. use a internal database made with UDT's
    : : i never work with ADO stuff so no help for that. To make an udt:
    : : [scope] TYPE UserAccount
    : : strUserName as string
    : : strPassword as string
    : : ...
    : : End Type
    : : [scope] udtUserAccounts() as UserAccount ' make a dynamic array with user accounts.
    : : familliar with redim??? this is used to REdim a dynamic array.
    : : : Im working in atm(teller machine) and I have to create the accounts foer the costumers with password and also I have to do transactions with that information Anybody Can help?
    : : :
    : : [blue]DarQ[/blue]
    :
    :

[size=4][B][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]

• said: "No help for that"

i only use SQL with PHP on linux. never used external db with VB cuz i think it sucks.

try somewhere else

i do know how to use sql queries but not how to integrate it in VB

: I was thinking in access but tell me more about sql.
    :
    :
    :
    : : 1. use a standard database like SQL
    : : 2. use a internal database made with UDT's
    : : i never work with ADO stuff so no help for that. To make an udt:
    : : [scope] TYPE UserAccount
    : : strUserName as string
    : : strPassword as string
    : : End Type
    : : [scope] udtUserAccounts() as UserAccount ' make a dynamic array with user accounts.
    : : familliar with redim??? this is used to REdim a dynamic array.
    : : : Im working in atm(teller machine) and I have to create the accounts foer the costumers with password and also I have to do transactions with that information Anybody Can help?
    : : :
    : : [blue]DarQ[/blue]
    :
    :

[size=4][B][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]

• Guys, guys, think simple. Your knowledge is more than I need. My atm is for homework. Im not getting money for this . Its not a big proyect. I have a form where the client have to enter his pin number and account number, then there is where I need that data base, something that has a previous record of the client with his previous balance to make further transactions like any bank.Guys Im a beginner.It just a simole project in vb6,but I dont know how to access that data and create it.please help!!!!

• : Guys, guys, think simple. Your knowledge is more than I need. My atm is for homework. Im not getting money for this . Its not a big proyect. I have a form where the client have to enter his pin number and account number, then there is where I need that data base, something that has a previous record of the client with his previous balance to make further transactions like any bank.Guys Im a beginner.It just a simole project in vb6,but I dont know how to access that data and create it.please help!!!!
    :
    :
    First of all you need to build database. I assume you are using Access. So create table with Fields like "Pin#" (must be unique, primary key), "Account#","Amount", "Date", "LastName ..... and so on what ever you need according to your assigment. Unfortunately, there is no enough room to explain you everything. Just open Access Help and folow instruction how to create table(s), relations. When you finish creation of DB, start to work on VB code. So cretae the table and then ask next question(s)