Pascal Parameters

Could someone please try and explain in a bit more detail for me?

Thanks,

DD

Comments

• : Could someone please try and explain in a bit more detail for me?

First I think you need to explain in a little more detail what you need explained in a little more detail. What exactly do you mean by "Pascal Parameters"?
  • [b][red]This message was edited by Dandy_Don at 2002-11-19 11:40:1[/red][/b][hr]
    I just really want to know a bit more about what they are, what they do, and their relationship with Pascal programming.

DD

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Dandy_Don at 2002-11-19 11:40:1[/red][/b][hr]
    : I just really want to know a bit more about what they are, what they do, and their relationship with Pascal programming.
    :
    :
    : DD
    :
    :
    :
    Which parameters do you mean, procedure parameters, command-line parameters, database parameters, or some other parameters?
  • Thats the sort of thing that I am looking to get explained! What are these different types, what are they used for, could you give me some basic examples?

Cheers,

DD
  • : Thats the sort of thing that I am looking to get explained! What are these different types, what are they used for, could you give me some basic examples?

You are still being extremely vague. If you can, take a screenshot of a screen showing these parameters you want explained, put it on the web somewhere, and post a link here.
  • : Thats the sort of thing that I am looking to get explained! What are these different types, what are they used for, could you give me some basic examples?
    :
    : Cheers,
    :
    : DD
    :
    In the following examples the red parts are parameters
    A procedure parameter list follows the name of a procedure and is always between parenses:
    [code]
    procedure WriteData([red]Index: integer[/red]; [red]Data: TData[/red]);
    [/code]
    These parameters are used by programmers to send variables to procedures and functions.

A command-line parameter is a parameter give to a program after the filename. This was common practice during the DOS days:
    [code]
    cd [red]windows[/red]
    arj [red]-a dosbackup c:dos*.*[/red]
    [/code]

Database parameters are additional data given with database commands in various situations. I don't have a simple example of such a parameter handy.

These explanation can also be found in many programming books. I suggest that you try to find a good pascal programming book at your local library, because this is very theoretical stuff and can easily be found in such books.