including units in free pascal

hi.

i am trying to include a downloaded unit into free pascal. whatever the directory of the unit or whether i use a default .ppu or compile a .pp unit and then try ot use it, it doesn't work.

can someone give me a "beginner's guide to including units"? i used tp before, but am new to fp.

regards
simon born

Comments

• : hi.
    :
    : i am trying to include a downloaded unit into free pascal. whatever the directory of the unit or whether i use a default .ppu or compile a .pp unit and then try ot use it, it doesn't work.
    :
    : can someone give me a "beginner's guide to including units"? i used tp before, but am new to fp.

If the unit came in source form, it should work just fine so long as the directory you placed the unit into is in the Include Directory in the compiler options.

If the unit came in compiled form, youre out of luck unfortunately. Compiled units can only be used with the compiler they were created with.
  • thanks very much for the help.

found it and am able to use the unit.

regards
    simon born

p.s.: does someone know a keyboard unit for fp that allows asking whether a key is pressed directly (w/o keypressed)? the one from freepascal.org does not work (error:direct assembler not allowed).
  • : : hi.
    : :
    : : i am trying to include a downloaded unit into free pascal. whatever the directory of the unit or whether i use a default .ppu or compile a .pp unit and then try ot use it, it doesn't work.
    : :
    : : can someone give me a "beginner's guide to including units"? i used tp before, but am new to fp.
    :
    : If the unit came in source form, it should work just fine so long as the directory you placed the unit into is in the Include Directory in the compiler options.
    :
    : If the unit came in compiled form, youre out of luck unfortunately. Compiled units can only be used with the compiler they were created with.
    :

[b] [blue] cybersurfer [/blue] [/b]
    > the units may not be workin because of the wrong directory, u should have a folder called units, u can try to copy and paste all the units that u have from the the units folder into the Bin folder. that should work , it worked for me !