Help With Image Flip/Map

The image flip that I have works fine, it's just that when I move my cursor from image to image, the entire image flashes white, so it looks all broken up.

http://www.freewebz.com/idealhealth/products.html

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Please help an amateur out! Thanks!

Comments

• Try this:

in each of the -tags you have the eventhandler
    onMouseOut="original()"

Remove all those and place the onMouseOut="original()"
    in the image tag instead.
    That way the inner circle will only blank when you move the mouse outside of the whole center area.
    /Chris
  • : Try this:
    :
    : in each of the -tags you have the eventhandler
    : onMouseOut="original()"
    :
    : Remove all those and place the onMouseOut="original()"
    : in the image tag instead.
    : That way the inner circle will only blank when you move the mouse outside of the whole center area.
    : /Chris
    :

Hey man! Thanks so much for replying so quickly! I understand what you are talking about- except I don't know what image tag to put the onMouseOut="original()"

Thanks again,
    Christina
  • : : Try this:
    : :
    : : in each of the -tags you have the eventhandler
    : : onMouseOut="original()"
    : : Remove all those and place the onMouseOut="original()"
    : : in the image tag instead.
    : : That way the inner circle will only blank when you move the mouse outside of the whole center area.
    : : /Chris
    :
    : Hey man! Thanks so much for replying so quickly! I understand what you are talking about- except I don't know what image tag to put the onMouseOut="original()"
    :
    : Thanks again,
    : Christina
    :
    Also, I have 3 other images that I need to go outside of the circle (image map) that also have mouse overs- but I am not sure how to add the functions to the page. Every time I try, things mess up. Do you have a quick pointer for that as well?

• Put the ONMOUSE inside this IMG tag

As to your other question i don't really understand what you mean, so please elaborate your question and I'll help you.

/Chris
  • : Put the ONMOUSE inside this IMG tag
    : image
    :
    : As to your other question i don't really understand what you mean, so please elaborate your question and I'll help you.
    :
    :

Hey thanks again! I have 3 separate single images that I want to display on the page. I want them each to have a roll over (image flip) as well. These images are completely separate from the ImageMap circle. I have tried adding the functions for the 3 individual images, but it screws things up with the ImageMap and/or the roll overs won't work for the 3 images. I am looking for a way to add the functions in there so all the roll overs for the page will work.

I hope that makes more sense.

• So the rollovers of these three new pics, should they also present a gif in the circle?
    In that case, for each of the new images, just create a new entry of the following

Image11 = new Image(618,612)
    Image11.src = "picToShow.gif"
    function zoomout10() {
    document.circle.src = Image11.src; return true;
    }
    and put Onmouseover="zoomout10();" onmouseout="original" in the new pic
    But maybe I am still misunderstanding you?

• : So the rollovers of these three new pics, should they also present a gif in the circle?
    : In that case, for each of the new images, just create a new entry of the following
    :
    : Image11 = new Image(618,612)
    : Image11.src = "picToShow.gif"
    : function zoomout10() {
    : document.circle.src = Image11.src; return true;
    : }
    : and put Onmouseover="zoomout10();" onmouseout="original" in the new pic
    : But maybe I am still misunderstanding you?
    :
    :
    Well, if you could, please take a look at the page now. I have the 3 images up. I want the roll over image to display in place of the image where it is, outside the circle. For instance, CUSTOM.GIF is there, and when I put my mouse over it, in place of it, I want CUSTOM1.GIF to display- which is the same size as CUSTOM.GIF. I want to do this for the other 2 images as well.

If you view the source, you can kind of see where I am having problems. I tried to mess around with the custom, and it's just not coming out right. But I don't see where I went wrong.

http://www.freewebz.com/idealhealth/products.html

I can't thank you enough for helping me!

• Short explanation. In the funtion zoomout10(), document.Image11 refers to a tag named "Image11" and Image12 refers to an object of type Image

But you havent named your new image-tag, so to solve the problem, just put NAME="image11" in it, like this:

Try it now
    /Chris
  • : Short explanation. In the funtion zoomout10(), document.Image11 refers to a tag named "Image11" and Image12 refers to an object of type Image
    :
    : But you havent named your new image-tag, so to solve the problem, just put NAME="image11" in it, like this:
    :
    :
    : Try it now
    :

I tried it but it's still not working? Could I have messed up somewhere else?

• My mistake.

First name the image with ID= instead of NAME=
    Also, give another name than image11, since that will be confused with the image-object that is named the same. Name it img11 instead.

And furthermore, instead of document.image11
    use document.all.img11

• : My mistake.
    :
    : First name the image with ID= instead of NAME=
    : Also, give another name than image11, since that will be confused with the image-object that is named the same. Name it img11 instead.
    :
    :
    : And furthermore, instead of document.image11
    : use document.all.img11
    :
    :

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! Everything works, and that is all the help I needed, THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU ROCK!