RE: a stranger in a strange land

2»

Comments

• : : "Its obvious that God does not protect people from evil things." That's his answer? But it doesn't mean that God is not excist.
    :
    : Of course not, but whether God exists wasn't the question!
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :
    Sorry, looks like I lost again :-o. What was the question?
  • : : : I really love the honest communication that a good chat room can bring out of people who can hide behind a nickname and not worry so much about appearances.
    : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : :
    : : :
    : : That's what I do hate. Because to day he/she's talking to you as atheist/nonereligous person and tomorrow will go to religious temple and become good christian/jew/muslim.
    :
    : Well there are always hypocrites or people playing other personalities. And there are always the "Churchtians", the people that do whatever they like because they'll be "forgiven" later. Some just seem to believe that hostile action towards nonbelievers is justified because they are nonbelievers. If you spend enough time with people, even those hiding behind internet nicknames, you will get a sense of their true personality.
    [blue] Base of that, can you get a sense of my true personality? Do you want to try? Yo do not have to that. I am just interesting what you think about me/my personality?[/blue]
    Often you get to know them well enough that you can spot them hiding behind a different nickname when they're trying to fool people.
    :

• : :
    : Sorry, looks like I lost again :-o. What was the question?

You asked "if God protects people from evil, where was he on 9/11?" and Paul replied "God [italic]doesn't[/italic] protect people from evil" which made your question moot.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• : [blue] Base of that, can you get a sense of my true personality? Do you want to try? Yo do not have to that. I am just interesting what you think about me/my personality?[/blue]

We haven't had enough personal conversation or debate for me to accurately describe you. You've told me you are a materialist and an atheist, yet I find your reaction against evolution to be surprising given those positions. Although you did explain a little about your experience in the Soviet system, so I guess that probably explains why you find evolution distasteful. You're certainly a logical person, given you are a programmer, and you hate Crystal Reports, so I know you are free-minded enough to see through propaganda. So far I find you a very interesting person :-)

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-3 10:36:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : We haven't had enough personal conversation or debate for me to accurately describe you. You've told me you are a materialist and an atheist, yet I find your reaction against evolution to be surprising given those positions. Although you did explain a little about your experience in the Soviet system, so I guess that probably explains why you find evolution distasteful.
    [blue] I did not say that. There are no enough good solid evidences to make this hypothesis to become theory. That's what I was trying to say[/blue]
    You're certainly a logical person [blue] like this [/blue], given you are a programmer, and you hate Crystal Reports, so I know you are free-minded enough to see through propaganda. So far I find you a very interesting person [red](love this one :-D all in red is my comment)[/red]:-)
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :

• Sorry, looks like I lost again :-o. What was the question?
    :
    : You asked "if God protects people from evil, where was he on 9/11?" and Paul replied "God [italic]doesn't[/italic] protect people from evil" which made your question moot.
    :
    Good. It means I was not lost. That's right, both my question and answer on it are moot. Because God may be exists, he just doesn't help or does not want to help people in evil situation. In first case (doesn't help), who needs him? About second - does not want to help - I do have my own answer/explanation. I also know religious people answer -"we do not deserve it" or "we did not ask him hard enough". I'd like to know yours and Paul's answers.
  • : Good. It means I was not lost. That's right, both my question and answer on it are moot. Because God may be exists, he just doesn't help or does not want to help people in evil situation. In first case (doesn't help), who needs him? About second - does not want to help - I do have my own answer/explanation. I also know religious people answer -"we do not deserve it" or "we did not ask him hard enough". I'd like to know yours and Paul's answers.

I can't really explain it since I don't believe that God exists in the first place. I do have a hard time not getting angry at the people who say things like "God is removing his veil of protection from the United States because we as a nation have turned away from Him." That's just a load of political crap they use to sound religious while trying to push their fascist social agenda on the rest of us. Then there's an odd set of believers that are happy when things like 9/11 happen because either A) it's a sign the "end" is near and they will be with Jesus soon, or B) the "saved" people are now in Heaven and the terrorists are in Hell. The people that get all giddy at the thought of Armageddon really scare me. I don't believe that such thoughts can be held by truly sane people.
  • : [blue] I did not say that. There are no enough good solid evidences to make this hypothesis to become theory. That's what I was trying to say[/blue]

But there are! It's a very solid theory.

So there!

• : Sorry, looks like I lost again :-o. What was the question?
    : :
    : : You asked "if God protects people from evil, where was he on 9/11?" and Paul replied "God [italic]doesn't[/italic] protect people from evil" which made your question moot.
    : :
    : Good. It means I was not lost. That's right, both my question and answer on it are moot. Because God may be exists, he just doesn't help or does not want to help people in evil situation. In first case (doesn't help), who needs him? About second - does not want to help - I do have my own answer/explanation. I also know religious people answer -"we do not deserve it" or "we did not ask him hard enough". I'd like to know yours and Paul's answers.
    :
    Good answer infidel
    What I meant by my previous note was
    God is what God is, and God does what God does. If it doesn't make sense to us, then we need to change our perception of who or what God is and what He/it does.
    Why does God lets things like 9/11 happen? He/it doesn't consider it His/it's business, or He/it can't prevent it. So, who needs Him/It? No one and everyone.

The other conclusion is that there is in fact no God, and people make up stories about God based on the random happenings of history. Sort of like trying to track down a bug when you've made a wrong guess as to what be causing it. Personally, I can't buy that because of personal experience, but I can understand those who believe that.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-3 11:24:36[/red][/b][hr]
    Good answer infidel
    What I meant by my previous note was
    God is what God is, and God does what God does. If it doesn't make sense to us, then we need to change our perception of who or what God is and what He/it does.
    Why does God lets things like 9/11 happen? He/it doesn't consider it His/it's business, or He/it can't prevent it. So, who needs Him/It? No one and everyone.
    [blue] Personally, I like your answer but try to say that to religious people[/blue]

... Personally, I can't buy that because of personal experience, but I can understand those who believe that.
    [blue] I agreed [/blue]