Maximum easyment

2»

Comments

• Are you planning to offer others database access ?
  • Euphoria is an interesting pl but it have some problems, it is to much "High Level", useless for many programming tasks.

I redesigned the basic pl, I've changed many of it's aspects.

• : I redesigned the basic pl, I've changed many of it's aspects.

What are some of the changes that you have made?
  • : : I redesigned the basic pl, I've changed many of it's aspects.
    :
    : What are some of the changes that you have made?
    :

http://www.programmersheaven.com/groups/compilerdev
    You can find there some informations, but they are far to be compilted
    I can tell you that you will have signed and unsigned integer (1,2,4,8 bits), 3 types of strings (Pascal (String8, max len=255), Basic (String16, max len=65535), Long String (String32, max len = 2^32-1)), the classes is still a problem for me so I will have to learn more on the subject before implementing it. YOu can't have code outside procedures (like all basic had), now you must use a Sub Main. A more structure error handling is done (try ... except).
    Many options in the compiler specifing the compilation type, output type, target OS, CPU. Most of them can be changed at compile time.
  • : : : I redesigned the basic pl, I've changed many of it's aspects.
    : :
    : : What are some of the changes that you have made?
    : :
    A more structure error handling is done (try ... except).

The ANSI BASIC standard has some syntax for exception handling:

when exception in
    ...code to be protected
    use
    ...action to take
    end when

I have put a copy of a DRAFT of the standard (about 99% of this draft made it to the final version) into:

www.ttinet.com/dan/ansi.txt

We then implemented this in SheerPower 4GL and it seemed to work pretty well: www.sp4gl.com

• WOW!!!
    I don't know this standart. It seams to be much more advanced than all MS basic implementations, including VB. It is probably valid for PowerBasic or TrueBasic
  • : Oh what a horrible language Pascal is!
    :
    : Whatever language you develope, you'll have the planets support if it is 100% object oriented.
    :
    : Java is the closest I've seen to 100% object orientation. It's even compatible with other languages. The problem is that it lacks some of the powerful developmemt tools such as information hidding, pointers, multiple inheritance, templates are missing (I think?!), etc., and the apps are very slow compared to other pl's. The benifit is that it is platform independent.
    :
    : C++ is almost as close to Java with respect to object orientation, but has the most advanced features such as pointers, multiple inheritance and fascilitates information hidding. It's the fastest and most versitile development language, but has some problems: it doesn't support multithreading, functions are allowed to 'float' in the air without belonging to a class (which contracts object orientation), the apps are platform dependent, etc...
    :
    : VB is based upon the prehistoric caveman style pl BASIC which is good for nothing except make training institutes and Bill Gates wealthier. I won't even start to mention the draw backs. There's only so much space on the net.
    :
    : Pascal and Delphi are object based and not object oriented. It's complicated to maintain and after a day of research into new methods one finds that something just cannot be done. You can't even intergrate an app in these pl's with another, which make Delphi and Pascal useless except for small and unsophisticated apps, (and for preschool learning).
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : The moral: if it is possible to create a pl that eliminates all of the above (and some more) problems, then you'll become a multi-billionare overnight. Keep going, we need an improvement... As for now all we got is Java and C++.
    :

Have you looked at Walter Bright's creation? D surpasses Java and C++ even in an infantile state. I would urge you to take a look at it before you say that Java/C++ is all we've got. Specs can be found at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/