War Against Bad Netiquette

I need your support. I'm going to the United Nations with my cause.

See, people who don't use puncutation, or put odd-shaped noses on their emoticons, or spell cool "kewl," are an affront to our national dignity. Their proliferous abbreviations, stilted grammer, and incomprehensible jargon are breaking down international communications and are ultimately a threat to our national security.

Therefore, I am calling for war. I think we need to simply wipe the offending nations off the face of the globe.

And don't try to tell me that the nations aren't responsible for what a few people within their borders do. That argument didn't work in Afghanistan, either. The governments are [italic]tolerating[/italic] it, and therefore are guilty.

I realize that we may not be prepared to send our sons and daughters to fight, and possible die, over capitalization errors. But when you think about the simple fact that most of the oil companies use UNIX-based systems, which are case-sensitive, you'll realize just how close we are to anarchy.

I've spoken to Miss Manners about the affair, and I assure you her vote is guaranteed. Can I count on your support?

Take Care.
Cody

Comments

• : See, people who don't use puncutation, or put odd-shaped noses on their emoticons, or spell cool "kewl," are an affront to our national dignity. Their proliferous abbreviations, stilted grammer, and incomprehensible jargon are breaking down international communications and are ultimately a threat to our national security.

I believe that anyone who uses "ur" instead of "your" or "u" instead of "you" should be sent to Siberia.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-11 16:0:31[/red][/b][hr]
    : : See, people who don't use puncutation, or put odd-shaped noses on their emoticons, or spell cool "kewl," are an affront to our national dignity. Their proliferous abbreviations, stilted grammer, and incomprehensible jargon are breaking down international communications and are ultimately a threat to our national security.
    :
    : I believe that anyone who uses "ur" instead of "your" or "u" instead of "you" should be sent to Siberia.
    :
    How about "I dunno" instead of "I don't/I do not know"? What do you know about Siberia? I regret to say that but using stereotype " ...should be sent to Siberia", you are talking like average American and I feel very sorry about that.

• : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-11 16:0:31[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : See, people who don't use puncutation, or put odd-shaped noses on their emoticons, or spell cool "kewl," are an affront to our national dignity. Their proliferous abbreviations, stilted grammer, and incomprehensible jargon are breaking down international communications and are ultimately a threat to our national security.
    : :
    : : I believe that anyone who uses "ur" instead of "your" or "u" instead of "you" should be sent to Siberia.
    : How about "I dunno" instead of "I don't/I do not know"? What do you know about Siberia? I regret to say that but using stereotype " ...should be sent to Siberia", you are talking like average American and I feel very sorry about that.
    :

I agree. SMS style scripting such as "L8ter" & "Kewl" ( Actually "Kewl" is the one that makes me think 'enfant terrible' the most ) is extremely low standard. I saw it written on the front of a CD case the other day.

As for a punishment? How about a small electric shock? At my school you would have been placed in detention and given a task like hand writing 20 * A4 pages of the following line.

LSJHALS092LK5JWMN,MVNC9-8Q4;LKNASD/.,MNADLKJAGF-0258FDFLKF.L;XERASCR90A

If the Master thought it was not neat enough, you would have to start again (of course in another detention session).

I dont want to sound racistbut I think most of these 'sad' abbreviations have derived from the 'rap' music artists. Some of these people have help to spread way of phonetic spelling and abbreviations.

• Lionb.... as far as i know, Siberia is only famous about its extreme low temperatures. And ofcourse because of the diamond mines near Yakutzk.

I wonder... were you a little offended by tower's talk about sending the evil to Siberia?

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]

• : Lionb.... as far as i know, Siberia is only famous about its extreme low temperatures. And ofcourse because of the diamond mines near Yakutzk.
    :
    : I wonder... were you a little offended by tower's talk about sending the evil to Siberia?
    :
    :
    Yes. Because it's typical stereotype that Siberia is very cold area with huge number of prisons. It was like that long time ago but any more !!! A lot of Russian people (even high tech and scientist) moved from European part of Russia to Siberia because it's very nice place to work and live. But I am so offensive not because it was about Siberia. I am upset because Infedel was talking about subject which is not very familiar for him. He was talking like "average american".
  • Hmmmyes, but hey, they should watch more discovery! Siberia has a beautiful landscape and i remember my (late) grandma who's been there, telling me that it was very nice but also very cold.

I would love to see more of the russian environement, i rarely see programs on tv about the 'better' (good) things of russia, unfortunatly....

have you been there?

: : Lionb.... as far as i know, Siberia is only famous about its extreme low temperatures. And ofcourse because of the diamond mines near Yakutzk.
    : : I wonder... were you a little offended by tower's talk about sending the evil to Siberia?
    : Yes. Because it's typical stereotype that Siberia is very cold area with huge number of prisons. It was like that long time ago but any more !!! A lot of Russian people (even high tech and scientist) moved from European part of Russia to Siberia because it's very nice place to work and live. But I am so offensive not because it was about Siberia. I am upset because Infedel was talking about subject which is not very familiar for him. He was talking like "average american".
    :

• : Hmmmyes, but hey, they should watch more discovery! Siberia has a beautiful landscape and i remember my (late) grandma who's been there, telling me that it was very nice but also very cold.
    :
    : I would love to see more of the russian environement, i rarely see programs on tv about the 'better' (good) things of russia, unfortunatly....
    :
    : have you been there?
    :
    Twice. It was not prison related. It was scientific forum.
  • : : Hmmmyes, but hey, they should watch more discovery! Siberia has a beautiful landscape and i remember my (late) grandma who's been there, telling me that it was very nice but also very cold.
    : : I would love to see more of the russian environement, i rarely see programs on tv about the 'better' (good) things of russia, unfortunatly....
    : : have you been there?
    : Twice. It was not prison related. It was scientific forum.
    :
    HAHAHA. That made me laugh that you had to say " Not prison related" -
    I don't think we would assume you were a convict mate.
  • leeos, you're wrong... i would assume lionb was an inmate! :-D

• : HAHAHA. That made me laugh that you had to say " Not prison related" -
    : I don't think we would assume you were a convict mate.
    :
    I was ironic but you could because of weatern stereotype about Siberia
  • : leeos, you're wrong... i would assume lionb was an inmate! :-D
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :
    LOL, See?
  • yes, but i am not that standard like those people. ha!

: : HAHAHA. That made me laugh that you had to say " Not prison related" -
    : : I don't think we would assume you were a convict mate.
    : I was ironic but you could because of weatern stereotype about Siberia
    :

• : : HAHAHA. That made me laugh that you had to say " Not prison related" -
    : : I don't think we would assume you were a convict mate.
    : I was ironic but you could because of weatern stereotype about Siberia
    :
    The thought never even came into my mind.

I dont have much knowledge about siberia. Infact I did not know about it housing former prisons.

So, how did you break out?
  • Now I see why you were a bit sensitive to Infidels remark.

http://www.4freeessays.com/essays/1879.shtml
  • ...he flushed himself through the toilet....