who got socks for christmas?

Always the same stuff.

Has anyone got any interesting/funny stories?

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-27 8:45:46[/red][/b][hr]
    : Always the same stuff.
    :
    : Has anyone got any interesting/funny stories?
    :
    :
    Not me :-(

• : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-27 8:45:46[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Always the same stuff.
    : :
    : : Has anyone got any interesting/funny stories?
    : Not me :-(
    :
    :
    Lee, clean your mailbox, it's full

• [b][red]This message was edited by Moderator at 2002-12-27 10:32:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-27 8:45:46[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Always the same stuff.
    : : :
    : : : Has anyone got any interesting/funny stories?
    : : Not me :-(
    : Lee, clean your mailbox, it's full
    :
    :

I have cleaned it out.

I dont really have any good xmas tales. I played a lot of pool and took some peoples hard earned cash.. but thats it.

oh, had a play fight with one of my friends in the local bar on christmas eve and ended up knocking over a table. silly.

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-27 11:17:35[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have cleaned it out.
    :
    [blue] No, you did not. I still have message it's full [/blue]

: I dont really have any good xmas tales. I played a lot of pool and took some peoples hard earned cash.. but thats it.
    :
    : oh, had a play fight with one of my friends in the local bar on christmas eve and ended up knocking over a table. silly.
    :
    :
    :
    :

• Yeah, I got socks. They were Simpson's ones reading "D'oh! Not socks again!". No joke...

• Hm. I knew I was forgetting something.

Actually, I spent Christmas with my girlfriend's family... but without my girlfriend. See, she spent Christmas with her father, and her father doesn't know she's my girlfriend... (because of a slight age difference between us, the consensus is that he shouldn't know, as he would go ballistic). So I ended up spending Christmas with her mother and stepfather and various other relatives.

All in all, it was quite nice, but I would have rather she been there with me.

This is my first day passing through the office (which is why I haven't been posting for the last few days...). I spent the whole day with her yesterday; we had plans to go out and do stuff, but we couldn't quite seem to make it out of the bedroom (no, don't go thinking naughty thoughts; we were just so comfortable curled up watching the "Andromeda" marathon on the AXN network that we ended up too lazy to leave).

Oh, one thing I did get for Christmas... diarrhea. I [italic]know[/italic] I can't eat mol... I [italic]know[/italic] what it does to me... but when you're invited to dinner with your girlfriend's family, and they've cooked all this great food... and they're letting you pass the holidays with them even though she's not there because they know you don't have anywhere else to go... how do you tell them no?

All in all, an enjoyable couple of days.

Hope everyone else had a good Christmas.

Take Care.
    Cody

• : Yeah, I got socks. They were Simpson's ones reading "D'oh! Not socks again!". No joke...
    :
    :
    :

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]

• tower... just say NO! honesty makes things a lot easier.

: Hm. I knew I was forgetting something.
    :
    : Actually, I spent Christmas with my girlfriend's family... but without my girlfriend. See, she spent Christmas with her father, and her father doesn't know she's my girlfriend... (because of a slight age difference between us, the consensus is that he shouldn't know, as he would go ballistic). So I ended up spending Christmas with her mother and stepfather and various other relatives.
    :
    : All in all, it was quite nice, but I would have rather she been there with me.
    :
    : This is my first day passing through the office (which is why I haven't been posting for the last few days...). I spent the whole day with her yesterday; we had plans to go out and do stuff, but we couldn't quite seem to make it out of the bedroom (no, don't go thinking naughty thoughts; we were just so comfortable curled up watching the "Andromeda" marathon on the AXN network that we ended up too lazy to leave).
    :
    : Oh, one thing I did get for Christmas... diarrhea. I [italic]know[/italic] I can't eat mol... I [italic]know[/italic] what it does to me... but when you're invited to dinner with your girlfriend's family, and they've cooked all this great food... and they're letting you pass the holidays with them even though she's not there because they know you don't have anywhere else to go... how do you tell them no?
    :
    : All in all, an enjoyable couple of days.
    :
    : Hope everyone else had a good Christmas.
    :
    : Take Care.
    : Cody
    :
    :

• : Hm. I knew I was forgetting something.
    :
    : Actually, I spent Christmas with my girlfriend's family... but without my girlfriend. See, she spent Christmas with her father, and her father doesn't know she's my girlfriend... (because of a slight age difference between us,
    [blue]Is there slight difference between GF father's and yours ages? Who is older? Do not tell me you are [/blue]
    the consensus is that he shouldn't know, as he would go ballistic). So I ended up spending Christmas with her mother and stepfather and various other relatives.
    :
    : All in all, it was quite nice, but I would have rather she been there with me.
    :
    : This is my first day passing through the office (which is why I haven't been posting for the last few days...). I spent the whole day with her yesterday; we had plans to go out and do stuff, but we couldn't quite seem to make it out of the bedroom (no, don't go thinking naughty thoughts; we were just so comfortable curled up watching the "Andromeda" marathon on the AXN network that we ended up too lazy to leave).
    :
    : Oh, one thing I did get for Christmas... diarrhea. [blue]Should we know about that? [/blue] I [italic]know[/italic] I can't eat mol... I [italic]know[/italic] what it does to me... but when you're invited to dinner with your girlfriend's family, and they've cooked all this great food... and they're letting you pass the holidays with them even though she's not there because they know you don't have anywhere else to go... how do you tell them no?
    :
    : All in all, an enjoyable couple of days.
    :
    : Hope everyone else had a good Christmas.
    :
    :
    :

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-28 12:39:21[/red][/b][hr]
    I got the same because of the same reason.

• [b][red]This message was edited by towercpu at 2002-12-28 17:0:57[/red][/b][hr]
    In reference to: "[blue]Is there slight difference between GF father's and yours ages? Who is older? Do not tell me you are [/blue]"

Hmm... why not tell you? I mean, I'm not required reading or anything. Just kind of unloading my Christmas experiences because someone on the board asked...

But in all honesty, I didn't mean there was an age difference between her father and me; I suppose I phrased it poorly. The age difference is between my girlfriend and me. She is 18 and I am 31. Quite legal, but we still do get some raised eyebrows, especially since she looks rather young for her age and I look rather old for mine.

I am interested to see exactly how flamed I get for that...

In reference to: "[blue]Should we know about that? [/blue]"

Well, I won't even try to qualify whether or not you [italic]should[/italic]. Like I said, I'm not required reading. Just a snapshot of my Christmas, including the good, the bad and the ugly. I didn't get any socks. In fact, I didn't get any gifts at all. But I enjoyed myself.

Deviating a bit...

I've noted that sometimes people are quite snippity about their personal lives, and I've even seen a few attacks over such odd things as e-mail addresses and such. Well, I won't get involved; everyone's personal life is their own. But I do think it's a bit overstated...

I myself enjoy my life immensely, and I'm happy to see new people enter my life, whether as friends here in Mexico City with me, or acquaintences on the Internet, or passers-by with whom I share a few interesting moments in a bar just before never seeing them again.

I'm listed in the Yellow Pages; my cell-phone number is openly available on the Internet (for anyone who knows how to follow a couple of simple links, at any rate), and I'm inclined to invite people to my apartment for dinner after just a couple sessions of anonymous IRC chat. Is it dangerous? Maybe. I live in Mexico City. That's one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Do I feel like I'm putting myself at "risk"? Not a bit. I'm a big boy; I can take care of myself.

I work with programmers every day. I see lots of people get so enwrapped in their machines that they forget there's a real world out there which is occasionally quite entertaining. People confuse their screen names with their real names (I actually get job applications from people who fill in their name as "lprgmn7458" or other such nonsense). People who live in terror that some day, through some terrible accident, someone who is not made of silicon might find out who they "really are."

I like to talk about programming. I also like to talk about religion and philosophy. And I also like to talk about my girlfriend, whom I love dearly, and my concerns that my stomach problems may be more serious than I wish to admit. In short, the whole gamut of being human on this planet (a planet which only incedentally includes technology).

And I'm not particularly interested in hiding behind a machine. My name is Christopher. My friends call me Cody (because I'm a programmer from Texas). If you're ever in Mexico City, give me call. You're welcome to come for dinner.

Take Care.
    Cody

• [b][red]This message was edited by DarQ at 2002-12-28 21:27:13[/red][/b][hr]
    tower: you typ too much lines in 1 post. You got too much to tell i guess. But hey, no offence, it's not a big deal. I read them all.

lion: we should know all about his shit-eree cuz its dirty and fun! So, tower, tell me what kind of shit you had. Was is a letter shaped thing or something else? I have a whole (dutch) list of any kind of shit.

: [b][red]This message was edited by towercpu at 2002-12-28 17:0:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : In reference to: "[blue]Is there slight difference between GF father's and yours ages? Who is older? Do not tell me you are [/blue]"
    :
    : Hmm... why not tell you? I mean, I'm not required reading or anything. Just kind of unloading my Christmas experiences because someone on the board asked...
    :
    : But in all honesty, I didn't mean there was an age difference between her father and me; I suppose I phrased it poorly. The age difference is between my girlfriend and me. She is 18 and I am 31. Quite legal, but we still do get some raised eyebrows, especially since she looks rather young for her age and I look rather old for mine.
    :
    : I am interested to see exactly how flamed I get for that...
    :
    : In reference to: "[blue]Should we know about that? [/blue]"
    :
    : Well, I won't even try to qualify whether or not you [italic]should[/italic]. Like I said, I'm not required reading. Just a snapshot of my Christmas, including the good, the bad and the ugly. I didn't get any socks. In fact, I didn't get any gifts at all. But I enjoyed myself.
    :
    : Deviating a bit...
    :
    : I've noted that sometimes people are quite snippity about their personal lives, and I've even seen a few attacks over such odd things as e-mail addresses and such. Well, I won't get involved; everyone's personal life is their own. But I do think it's a bit overstated...
    :
    : I myself enjoy my life immensely, and I'm happy to see new people enter my life, whether as friends here in Mexico City with me, or acquaintences on the Internet, or passers-by with whom I share a few interesting moments in a bar just before never seeing them again.
    :
    : I'm listed in the Yellow Pages; my cell-phone number is openly available on the Internet (for anyone who knows how to follow a couple of simple links, at any rate), and I'm inclined to invite people to my apartment for dinner after just a couple sessions of anonymous IRC chat. Is it dangerous? Maybe. I live in Mexico City. That's one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Do I feel like I'm putting myself at "risk"? Not a bit. I'm a big boy; I can take care of myself.
    :
    : I work with programmers every day. I see lots of people get so enwrapped in their machines that they forget there's a real world out there which is occasionally quite entertaining. People confuse their screen names with their real names (I actually get job applications from people who fill in their name as "lprgmn7458" or other such nonsense). People who live in terror that some day, through some terrible accident, someone who is not made of silicon might find out who they "really are."
    :
    : I like to talk about programming. I also like to talk about religion and philosophy. And I also like to talk about my girlfriend, whom I love dearly, and my concerns that my stomach problems may be more serious than I wish to admit. In short, the whole gamut of being human on this planet (a planet which only incedentally includes technology).
    :
    : And I'm not particularly interested in hiding behind a machine. My name is Christopher. My friends call me Cody (because I'm a programmer from Texas). If you're ever in Mexico City, give me call. You're welcome to come for dinner.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-12-29 6:44:30[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    : lion: we should know all about his shit-eree cuz its dirty and fun!
    :
    No it's not. Moreover, I think Off topic board ("thank" you Cody) became to look like Cody's diary or story for soap opera :-(. For me, it's to boring to read it.

• : No it's not. I think Off topic board became to look like Cody's
    : diary or story for soap opera :-(. For me, it's to boring to read it.

In that case, dare I suggest you don't read it? :-)

I guess some people don't like sharing their personal life...others do and it's good there is an off-topic board because it's a place where people can get away from programming, which certainly for me is something I spend a heck of a lot of time doing. I'm either at college studying and do plenty of programming there, or at work programming or looking after my business...then there are the times when I don't program. Not that I dislike what I do, not that I'm not a tech-adict or anything, it's just that there are other things in life...

Ironically, I haven't got time to say any more 'cus I gotta go fix something for a client...LOL

Later,

Jonathan

• Greetings.

Oh, no, [italic]that[/italic] wouldn't [italic]ever[/italic] get posted. I'd go to jail in like, ten minutes.

;-)

Take Care.
    Cody