Setting WAV Playback volume

I have a program that plays multiple wavs at one, and I want to make a volume control for each one. How do I individually change the volume of a wav? I dont want to alter the WAVEOUT main setting of the soundcard, I just want to alter the individual WAV volumes, independent of the system volume settings.

THANKS!

Comments

• : I have a program that plays multiple wavs at one, and I want to make a volume control for each one. How do I individually change the volume of a wav? I dont want to alter the WAVEOUT main setting of the soundcard, I just want to alter the individual WAV volumes, independent of the system volume settings.
    :
    :
    : THANKS!
    :

Well there is an example how to do that in the DirectX 8.1 SDK.
    But as the name says, it uses DirectX 8.1 so I don't know if this is really helpfull!

But if you choose to check it out it's somewhere in Visual Basic SamplesDirectMusic Samples. One of these apps show's how to. After you know wich app, you will have to search the install dir for the source code!

I know this isn't what you were hoping for but in case nobody knows (or responds!) you can use this!

Greets...
    Richard
  • Thanks Richard! , but,,, I cant depend on DirectX for this program.. it has to be done without it :(

I know its possible... because I can open multiple Windows media player apps and the volume of each one does not effect the other when playing many WAVS at once... the player doesnt just change the main WAVEOUT volume.. but somehow only affects the individual WAV volume thats playing... I just dont know how it does this! hehehe
  • : Thanks Richard! , but,,, I cant depend on DirectX for this program.. it has to be done without it :(
    :
    : I know its possible... because I can open multiple Windows media player apps and the volume of each one does not effect the other when playing many WAVS at once... the player doesnt just change the main WAVEOUT volume.. but somehow only affects the individual WAV volume thats playing... I just dont know how it does this! hehehe
    :

I thought so, but hey... any help is better then no help!

Greets...
    Richard