Qbasic key traps?

I was wondering if anyone knew how to trap either CTrl-ALT-DEL, or if there was a way to stop q-basic from breaking if Ctrl-BRK or Ctrl-alt-del. Another question that I have is does anyone know how to store varibles whithout using a binary file??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jason

Comments

• It's been a while since I coded in QB so I don't remember the answer for Ctrl-Brk or Ctrl-Alt-Del.

You can always use sequential or random output.

Random works roughly the same as binary but you need to specify record and field lengths. Sequential is not a good way to go, because it writes the info end to end and you can't go back or skip places.

• : I was wondering if anyone knew how to trap either CTrl-ALT-DEL, or if there was a way to stop q-basic from breaking if Ctrl-BRK or Ctrl-alt-del. Another question that I have is does anyone know how to store varibles whithout using a binary file??

: Thanks for your help in advance.

: Jason

you can store variables to a normal text(.txt)-file or .dat-file by using normal file commands

(f.ex. open "c:myfilesfile.txt" for append as #1

(or how did it went) and print text to a file whit command print #filenumber,variable.

• : I was wondering if anyone knew how to trap either CTrl-ALT-DEL, or if there was a way to stop q-basic from breaking if Ctrl-BRK or Ctrl-alt-del. Another question that I have is does anyone know how to store varibles whithout using a binary file??

: Thanks for your help in advance.

: Jason

I don't know off hand exactly how to disable the keys, but go to the attached link and you could find a program that will demonstrate how to accomplish that task.

As for storing data, I've always used a senquiental data file. You could appened the information to the end of the actual .bas file as data statements, or atleast I think you can, I'm not really sure.

The Gargoyle

Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent...

• : I don't know off hand exactly how to disable the keys, but go to the attached link and you could find a program that will demonstrate how to accomplish that task.

: As for storing data, I've always used a senquiental data file. You could appened the information to the end of the actual .bas file as data statements, or atleast I think you can, I'm not really sure.

: The Gargoyle

: Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent...

You said that there was an attached link??? Could you please post the url?

Thanks