Newbie needs a kick start.

Hi,
I'm interested in modifying sega genesis games that are available for emulators. Can anyone tell me what compilers/decompilers are available?

I don't plan on working from scratch, but I want to modify and existing game (roadrash3).

In order of fluency, I can program with C++ / java / C / assembler.

Thanks for any info whatsoever

Thanks,
merlin_bar

Comments

• : Hi,
    : I'm interested in modifying sega genesis games that are available for emulators. Can anyone tell me what compilers/decompilers are available?
    :
    : I don't plan on working from scratch, but I want to modify and existing game (roadrash3).
    :
    : In order of fluency, I can program with C++ / java / C / assembler.
    :
    : Thanks for any info whatsoever
    :
    :
    : Thanks,
    : merlin_bar
    :
    you can uses most program languges like C++ i know someone that is doing one for the game 1943 in pascal!

sweeney
  • The language will ultimately depend on the compiler being used, so I guess my next question is, are there any compilers out there? I've been googling with out any luck so far.

Thanks for your reply.
    Thanks,
    merlin_bar

• [b][red]This message was edited by sweeney at 2003-3-16 19:34:33[/red][/b][hr]
    : The language will ultimately depend on the compiler being used, so I guess my next question is, are there any compilers out there? I've been googling with out any luck so far.
    :
    : Thanks for your reply.
    : Thanks,
    : merlin_bar
    :
    :
    there are millons of complers just need to know what language you want to do it in and there will be lots of free or cheep complers for that! i reconmend sherching with google.com!

sweeney