VB and Web design question ??

[b][red]This message was edited by minhnguyena7 at 2003-4-3 18:28:17[/red][/b][hr]

1. Is VBscript a part of Visual Basic?
2. Is designing an web page in VB posible? if yes, how? and are there any guide about it?

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by minhnguyena7 at 2003-4-3 18:28:17[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    : 1. Is VBscript a part of Visual Basic?
    : 2. Is designing an web page in VB posible? if yes, how? and are there any guide about it?
    :
    :

1.VBScript is SIMILAR to VB.Don't worry,if you know VB,the other stuff is EASY

2.Programming for the web using vbscript is called Active Server Pages (ASP) technology.The web pages will have an extension of ".asp" instead of the usual ".html".Get any book on ASP ,it will be easy.

3.For doubts about asp,use the asp messageboard.

Faustine
    --------

• : : [b][red]This message was edited by minhnguyena7 at 2003-4-3 18:28:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : :
    : : 1. Is VBscript a part of Visual Basic?
    : : 2. Is designing an web page in VB posible? if yes, how? and are there any guide about it?
    :
    : 1.VBScript is SIMILAR to VB.Don't worry,if you know VB,the other stuff is EASY
    :
    : 2.Programming for the web using vbscript is called Active Server Pages (ASP) technology.The web pages will have an extension of ".asp" instead of the usual ".html".Get any book on ASP ,it will be easy.
    :
    : 3.For doubts about asp,use the asp messageboard.
    :
    : Faustine
    : --------
    :
    : Very Important! Find out what kind of server this webpage will be hosted on. If it's a UNIX server, your ASP pages will not work. It happened to me. There is something called ChiliSoft that enables UNIX servers to host ASP pages, but most don't use it. Consider this before developing in ASP. You know everybody has an opinion right? Well, here's my opinion...use HTML and learn ColdFusion (CFML)! It's much better and can be used anywhere.

• : : : [b][red]This message was edited by minhnguyena7 at 2003-4-3 18:28:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : :
    : : : 1. Is VBscript a part of Visual Basic?
    : : : 2. Is designing an web page in VB posible? if yes, how? and are there any guide about it?
    : : 1.VBScript is SIMILAR to VB.Don't worry,if you know VB,the other stuff is EASY
    : : 2.Programming for the web using vbscript is called Active Server Pages (ASP) technology.The web pages will have an extension of ".asp" instead of the usual ".html".Get any book on ASP ,it will be easy.
    : : 3.For doubts about asp,use the asp messageboard.
    : : Faustine
    : : --------
    : : Very Important! Find out what kind of server this webpage will be hosted on. If it's a UNIX server, your ASP pages will not work. It happened to me. There is something called ChiliSoft that enables UNIX servers to host ASP pages, but most don't use it. Consider this before developing in ASP. You know everybody has an opinion right? Well, here's my opinion...use HTML and learn ColdFusion (CFML)! It's much better and can be used anywhere.
    :
    : ohh !! thank you. I'll be careful while i by a host.
    But is there any easier way to creat CGI?

• : But is there any easier way to creat CGI?

CGI is very easy. Just write scripts and put them in your cgi-bin directory. You can write them in Perl and Python. I suppose that you could probably write them in VBScript too. You can download the Apache webserver for free and get it running on your own machine to try out.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]