server/client on localhost?

Is it possible to use two seperate programs at the same time in Visual Studio, as in Sun One (Java)?? If so, how do I do??

When I developed server/client in Sun One I could use localhost and didn't need to use another computer to check if my program worked. I really hope this is possible in VS...

Comments

• You have to me more specific.
    Try to see .Net Remoting. you can have one cliente app and a server app renning in the same computer, no problem!

: Is it possible to use two seperate programs at the same time in Visual Studio, as in Sun One (Java)?? If so, how do I do??
    :
    : When I developed server/client in Sun One I could use localhost and didn't need to use another computer to check if my program worked. I really hope this is possible in VS...
    :
    :
    :

• Just remember - first start the server, then the client :-)))

• Are you asking if you can have two different programs being run in Visual Studio at one time. Because I do not belive that you can be testing two different programs at once in Visual Studio. I think this is becasue having two programs open at once in Visual Studio would confuse the debugger, but I may be wrong, there might be a way to do it that I dont know about. But if this is not the case then I would suggest you make sure you code is corroect and make sure your not accidentally blinding the port in your client code instead of connecting. That will creake a run-time error.

Hope my explaination was helpfull. Richard E. Parks II
  • I got it work, actually. I made the client project and then made a new one - server. I could choose Add to solution when naming my new project. And then I right-clicked the Solution and in Set StartUp Projects I chosed Multiple StartUp. Then I r-c'd solution again and Project Dependencies, so that the client depended on the server.

It worked fine.

Thanks to the people who helped me with this!! It was critical...:)

: Are you asking if you can have two different programs being run in Visual Studio at one time. Because I do not belive that you can be testing two different programs at once in Visual Studio. I think this is becasue having two programs open at once in Visual Studio would confuse the debugger, but I may be wrong, there might be a way to do it that I dont know about. But if this is not the case then I would suggest you make sure you code is corroect and make sure your not accidentally blinding the port in your client code instead of connecting. That will creake a run-time error.
    :
    : Hope my explaination was helpfull. Richard E. Parks II
    :