who wants to create a new metroid game?

im planning on creating a new metroid game. wat i want to do is rip out the engine from super metroid, and build a new game from it. any help wuld be appreciated, even if you cant program, because you always design levels. i especially need help in tearing out the engine, seeing as how i dont knwo SNES assembly.

Comments

• hi,

dont need to, just use an super nes emulator. andsearch for super metroid rom. ofcourse you have to own the game. but once you have the emulator and the rom. you can start taking screenshots, videos, sounds, musics etc (depending on the emulator ofcourse)

IF you are seaching for an nes emulaotr that can handle thee things look for nesticle.

ps. i would love to work on an new metroid game. but i am going to be very busy. need to learn atari jaguar assembler :)

best regards,

Vyeyendra ramnares
    Dragonforce
  • you try it?
    is it work?
  • : im planning on creating a new metroid game. wat i want to do is rip out the engine from super metroid, and build a new game from it. any help wuld be appreciated, even if you cant program, because you always design levels. i especially need help in tearing out the engine, seeing as how i dont knwo SNES assembly.
    :
    There are some serious legal issues with taking their engine, safer just to write your own.
  • http://www.mindspring.com/~fredpmpg/MetRedux/

Interested? Bring 5 artists with you and we'll talk. :-p

-DFPercush

: : im planning on creating a new metroid game. wat i want to do is rip out the engine from super metroid, and build a new game from it. any help wuld be appreciated, even if you cant program, because you always design levels. i especially need help in tearing out the engine, seeing as how i dont knwo SNES assembly.
    : :
    : There are some serious legal issues with taking their engine, safer just to write your own.
    :
  • : http://www.mindspring.com/~fredpmpg/MetRedux/
    :
    : Interested? Bring 5 artists with you and we'll talk. :-p
    :
    : -DFPercush
    :
    : : : im planning on creating a new metroid game. wat i want to do is rip out the engine from super metroid, and build a new game from it. any help wuld be appreciated, even if you cant program, because you always design levels. i especially need help in tearing out the engine, seeing as how i dont knwo SNES assembly.
    : : :
    : : There are some serious legal issues with taking their engine, safer just to write your own.
    : :
    :
    Yeah, but unlike them, unless you own the game, and don't sell it, you can't use nintendo's artwork without their permission.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by latiff at 2003-8-5 13:12:41[/red][/b][hr]
    HEy if you want to make a new metroid game just go to gamemaker.nl and install gamemaker 5.0 on your comupter this program lets you make any games you want with any character and you can sell the games. So go to that website. if you want to make a metroid game go to gsaarchives.net and they will give you the characters and you can find other things you need for your game too. But they call all the characters and other
    things you need for your game (sprites). If you want to learn more about gamemker and sprites you can contact me at [email protected]

Have a good time creating your game.

From
    Latiff seruwagi