Updation problem!

I have a strong entity(Ex: consider a student table with registration number as the primary key) and a weak entity(Ex: consider student_details table with registration key as the foreign key). When I want to add a new record to the student table, I also have to add the corresponding student details on to the student_details table. How do I insert values into the weak entity(student_details table)? Please somebody help me out?

Comments

• : I have a strong entity(Ex: consider a student table with registration number as the primary key) and a weak entity(Ex: consider student_details table with registration key as the foreign key). When I want to add a new record to the student table, I also have to add the corresponding student details on to the student_details table. How do I insert values into the weak entity(student_details table)? Please somebody help me out?
    :
    :

Do you mean that when inserting a new student you also have to insert a student_details record, if so, do you get an error?

• thanks happel
    I've got my answer
    I'm doing a database project on Oracle and I may get a few more silly doubts like this one. will u please help me out?

:
    :

• : thanks happel
    : I've got my answer
    : I'm doing a database project on Oracle and I may get a few more silly doubts like this one. will u please help me out?
    :
    : :
    : :
    :
    :

Yes, every 2 or 3 days I look at new posts on this board.