VB IN NETWORK

Normally I do simple database related projects in VB.I want to implement a project in network environment where many users can share same tables of data.Please suggest me how to take care of issues like concurrency,deadlocks etc. that may encounter in this type of environment and kindly suggest me some sources that may aid me in this type of projects.

Comments

• : Normally I do simple database related projects in VB.I want to implement a project in network environment where many users can share same tables of data.Please suggest me how to take care of issues like concurrency,deadlocks etc. that may encounter in this type of environment and kindly suggest me some sources that may aid me in this type of projects.

Any of the modern relational databases should handle those issues for you. I think even Access has some amount of concurrency control built in to it. MySQL probably does and I know that PostgreSQL does. You shouldn't need to concern yourself with those things at the application level other than perhaps retrying transactions or waiting for some period if you get an error from the database.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]