Can someone please tell me

I am very new with VB.net and i was just wondering how you can make programs so they will work on any computer with Visual Basic even if the computer you want to run the program on doesn't have VB i think you need a complier of some kind does anyone know where to get one cheap or possibly a free download? i am a student on a limited buget thanks for your help
j_stewart19

Comments

• : I am very new with VB.net and i was just wondering how you can make programs so they will work on any computer with Visual Basic even if the computer you want to run the program on doesn't have VB i think you need a complier of some kind does anyone know where to get one cheap or possibly a free download? i am a student on a limited buget thanks for your help
    : j_stewart19
    :

Download the .NET framework and your good to go. You will access to many command-line compilers. One such compiler is the VBC.exe which allows you to create VB.NET executables or DLL files.

However, "any computer" is a broad term. .NET is supposedly cross-platform but has only full support on Windows based computers. However there is an open source project for .NET on unix / lynix based computers
    called MONO.