java in linux

hi all
i have a java program writen in windows . now i want to compile it in linux . i installed gcc
java pack . now i want to know how can i compile the program ? with witch command ?
and my program need Java Virtual Machine . i dont know when i installed that package , Virtual Machine
installed or no ?

thx in advance
ali farhad
http://wplusplus.com

Comments

• You have to use the javax command to compile a Java program, but if you use a descent IDE in Windows you can compile it there and run it on Linux.

It worked for me.

--=][tReShR][=--

• thank u , but i didnt find the javax in my linux and redhat 9 CDs :(
    can u say me where can download it ?
    and i am not a java programmer and only want to compile a source writen in windows in linux . can u describe more ? windows JDK can do that ?

ali farhad

: You have to use the javax command to compile a Java program, but if you use a descent IDE in Windows you can compile it there and run it on Linux.
    :
    : It worked for me.
    :
    : --=][tReShR][=--
    :
    :

• The "javax" program is in the "bin" directory of the Java SDK.
    Download the SDK, install it, go to the "bin" directory and you can run the "javax" command.

It is that simple.

You can compile a Java source file in Windows and run it in Linux.
    The Windows and the Linux compiler are the same. So you won't have to struggle with different OS'es.

Hope this cleared up some questions. Success.

--=][tReShR][=--