Looking for Python Win32 Tutorials

Let me start off by saying that the pythonwin documentaion is crappy. I want to see how building win32 applications with python can be, but I can not seem to find any solid tutorials or articles on the subject. Of course I do not want to resort to buying a book just yet, not until im convinced at least.

If anyone has done any win32 work with python using pythonwin and win32 extensions, please refer me to examples, documentation, or articles so I can at least satisfy my curiosity. If you have code to share e-mail me at [email protected]

Thankyou.

Comments

• : Let me start off by saying that the pythonwin documentaion is crappy. I want to see how building win32 applications with python can be, but I can not seem to find any solid tutorials or articles on the subject. Of course I do not want to resort to buying a book just yet, not until im convinced at least.
    :
    : If anyone has done any win32 work with python using pythonwin and win32 extensions, please refer me to examples, documentation, or articles so I can at least satisfy my curiosity. If you have code to share e-mail me at [email protected]

Let me know if you find anything. I've only fiddled with the COM examples and tinkered with calling my VB DLLs from Python. Personally I try to avoid windows stuff.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• : : Let me start off by saying that the pythonwin documentaion is crappy. I want to see how building win32 applications with python can be, but I can not seem to find any solid tutorials or articles on the subject. Of course I do not want to resort to buying a book just yet, not until im convinced at least.
    : :
    : : If anyone has done any win32 work with python using pythonwin and win32 extensions, please refer me to examples, documentation, or articles so I can at least satisfy my curiosity. If you have code to share e-mail me at [email protected]
    :
    : Let me know if you find anything. I've only fiddled with the COM examples and tinkered with calling my VB DLLs from Python. Personally I try to avoid windows stuff.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :

How come u avoid windows api stuff? Do u think it would be better to just stick w/ VB for that domain?
  • : How come u avoid windows api stuff? Do u think it would be better to just stick w/ VB for that domain?

What I meant was that I try to avoid "windows-specific" programming. At least in my "free time". I have to use VB at work, so it's nice to use tools that aren't dependent on microsoft.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]