Error while running ASP.NET application

hello friends,

i get following error when i try to run my
asp.net application in vs.net.

Unable to library find '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_0/WebUIValidation.js'.

Try placing this file manually, or reinstalling by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.

what is the cause of the error ?

please help me...

Comments

• :
    : hello friends,
    :
    : i get following error when i try to run my
    : asp.net application in vs.net.
    :
    : Unable to library find '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_0/WebUIValidation.js'.
    :
    : Try placing this file manually, or reinstalling by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.
    :
    : what is the cause of the error ?
    :
    : please help me...
    :

First off you need to go in the Machine.Config and change a setting to make the solution im about to give easier.

[code]

[/code]

Open the Machine.Config file located on the Web server at C:WINNTMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.0.3705CONFIG. Note that ur path may be slightly different depending on the version of .NET and WINNT may be WINDOWS depending on the Operating System.

Notice that I commented out the webControls tag and provided my own version. The clientScriptsLocation determines where in the root web the .NET framework should look for client script files.

For instance, if I created a Web in IIS called MyProject then I would place the .NET scripts at MyProject/Scripts.

Now the next step is to actually place the WebUIValidation.js file in the Scripts folder. You can find all .NET client-side scripts at
    C:WINNTMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.0.3705ASP.NETClientFiles

Again, the path may slightly vary on your machine. The WebUIValidation.js file contains all the DHTML that is needed to do client-side validation using the validation web controls.

If you do not feel like going through all this trouble, you can disable clientside script by setting all the validation controls EnableClientScript attribute equal to false.

[code]

[/code]

Hope this helps.
  • Hi,

i tried your second solution first and found it not working.

so i tried the first solution and found that it worked
    wonders for me.

so thank you very much for your help.

i am hoping for a few more useful tips from you
    in future whenever i feel stuck up somewhere.

thanks again.
  • : Hi,
    :
    : i tried your second solution first and found it not working.
    :
    : so i tried the first solution and found that it worked
    : wonders for me.
    :
    : so thank you very much for your help.
    :
    : i am hoping for a few more useful tips from you
    : in future whenever i feel stuck up somewhere.
    :
    : thanks again.
    :

No problem. Ask away anytime :)