Men's talk ... cars

Pick-up truck for [b]$51,000[/b]!!! I think this is ridiculous
http://autos.msn.com/vip/singleyear.aspx?modelid=10478

Comments

• : Pick-up truck for [b]$51,000[/b]!!! I think this is ridiculous
    : http://autos.msn.com/vip/singleyear.aspx?modelid=10478

There's a lot of ridiculous stuff out there. could you describe it for me, I can't visit the link from work.

Me, I'm waiting for the first widely available fuel-cell car.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• : : Pick-up truck for [b]$51,000[/b]!!! I think this is ridiculous
    : : http://autos.msn.com/vip/singleyear.aspx?modelid=10478
    :
    : There's a lot of ridiculous stuff out there. could you describe it for me, I can't visit the link from work.
    :
    : Me, I'm waiting for the first widely available fuel-cell car.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :
    This is pick-up truck and for me pick-up truck is first of all [b]working car[/b]. This pick-up truck has leather seats, climate control and other funny things which are not that necessary for working car. Can you imagine construction worker (actually I do not know which construction worker will be able to afford to by car for $51,000) seating in the pick-up truck with leather seats! That's why I think it's ridiculous. There was not absolutely any reason to design/build car like that. I think Cadillac wasted money, designed that kind of car. As I know American automakers, who used to be pioneers and number 1 in the world in that industry lost competition with European and Japanese automakers. I think that should be embarrassing for them. Instead of building car like that pick-up truck, it will be better to spend money creating/improving some new technologies like electrical car or some other alternative to gasoline engines.
  • : This is pick-up truck and for me pick-up truck is first of all [b]working car[/b]. This pick-up truck has leather seats, climate control and other funny things which are not that necessary for working car. Can you imagine construction worker (actually I do not know which construction worker will be able to afford to by car for $51,000) seating in the pick-up truck with leather seats! That's why I think it's ridiculous. There was not absolutely any reason to design/build car like that. I think Cadillac wasted money, designed that kind of car. As I know American automakers, who used to be pioneers and number 1 in the world in that industry lost competition with European and Japanese automakers. I think that should be embarrassing for them. Instead of building car like that pick-up truck, it will be better to spend money creating/improving some new technologies like electrical car or some other alternative to gasoline engines.

Oh, it's one of those Cadillac versions of the Chevy thing that's a cross between a truck and an SUV? I've seen those.

I think you'd be surprised just how much money a lot of construction workers make. At any rate, none of them are going to buy a Cadillac for work. Just like nobody is going to take an Escalade or Lincoln Navigator offroad. Trucks like you describe, and all of the SUV type machines out there make tons of profit for the manufacturer. Small sedans and family cars make almost no profit at all. And right now, electrical vehicles cost far more to make than they would return in sales. That tide is slowly changing, but even the Honda and Toyota hybrids are more expensive than their combustion-based siblings. In the long run, investment in fuel cells and other alternatives will be the way to go, but since when have American businesses been known for thinking long-term?

:

51,000 * 45 ~~ 22,95,000 My kinda money.
    Nice :-)

I don't own a car and doesn't hope to in the near future .

But I do think it is a bit too much for a pickup,even with
    leather seats and stuff.

Maybe it's meant for the Texas Oil Kings only.
    Who cares .

BTW infidel, "fuel cells" ? Why ? What's special about them? Okay I will ask google too.

Faustine
    --------

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-7-18 6:2:23[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-7-18 5:15:27[/red][/b][hr]
    : Oh, it's one of those Cadillac versions of the Chevy thing that's a cross between a truck and an SUV? I've seen those.
    :
    : I think you'd be surprised just how much money a lot of construction workers make. At any rate, none of them are going to buy a Cadillac for work. Just like nobody is going to take an Escalade or Lincoln Navigator offroad. Trucks like you describe, and all of the SUV type machines out there make tons of profit for the manufacturer. Small sedans and family cars make almost no profit at all.
    [blue]People want to buy that type of car because of stupid reason - fashion. Because of this reason automakers install in that type of car things which are completely useles like leather seats. Actual price (price that manufucturer paid for this) for that fixture is significantly less expensive than car builders charge buyers. And there are a lot things like that - CD changer, road navigator, separated climate control. [b]Floor mats for $200!![/b]. Moreover, they are not options. There is no way to do not have them. You must have and pay for them, if want to byu car like that. That's why the automakers make profit on that type of vehicles not because its manufacturing costs automakers less money than other types of car.In other words, automakers make profit on people stupidity saling them car like Escalade[/blue]
    And right now, electrical vehicles cost far more to make than they would return in sales. That tide is slowly changing, but even the Honda and Toyota hybrids are more expensive than their combustion-based siblings.
    [blue]I do't think so. Honda Hibrid - about $20,000 - full loaded Honda Civic - $18,000. The same about Toyta Pirus and Toyta Corola. I think the manufucturing of that type car is not that expensive. The premanufacturing period designing time was very expensive.[/blue]
    In the long run, investment in fuel cells and other alternatives will be the way to go, but since when have American businesses been known for thinking long-term?
    [blue] I am not that good in history/analyzis of American economy and do not have answer on this question. But I think too long-term thinking in economy is not good either. Example, Soviet long-term planing in economy ... [/blue]
    :
    :
    :
    :

• : : Pick-up truck for [b]$51,000[/b]!!! I think this is ridiculous
    : : http://autos.msn.com/vip/singleyear.aspx?modelid=10478
    : :
    :
    : 51,000 * 45 ~~ 22,95,000 My kinda money.
    : Nice :-)
    :
    : I don't own a car and doesn't hope to in the near future .
    :
    [blue]I think I know why you do not have it but I would say - lucky you[/blue]
    : But I do think it is a bit too much for a pickup,even with
    : leather seats and stuff.
    :
    : Maybe it's meant for the Texas Oil Kings only.
    : Who cares .
    :
    : BTW infidel, "fuel cells" ? Why ? What's special about them? Okay I will ask google too.
    :
    : Faustine
    : --------
    :
    :
    :

:

I know what you mean about those type of vehicles. Back in the 1970,80's. Farmers used to use them ( minus leather seats and cup holders )

These days many people drive round in these comfortable agricutural style auto's. Some members of parliament are attempting make it law so these 'fake farmers' cant bring them on the road no more as they cause traffic congestion. ** Many inner city/town roads are not wide like American roads as they were first built for pedestrians and carriages. **

I dislike them too. Far too ugly and petrol/diesel thirsty.

Lion, why dont you see if you can pick up one of those GW1 "Hummers" at a good price. Im sure you would be the pride of your neighbours ;-)

• hmmm, i don't know anything about cars.i don't have a driverslicense either! ha, no problem. public transport is free for me. :D

: Pick-up truck for [b]$51,000[/b]!!! I think this is ridiculous
    :

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    url--> http://space.servehttp.com (ssh,ftp,http etc etc)

• :
    : Lion, why dont you see if you can pick up one of those GW1 "Hummers" at a good price. Im sure you would be the pride of your neighbours ;-)
    :
    :
    GW2 "Hummer" is on market already. Actually, GW is only one real SUV all others just pretend to be SUV. There is only one reason ;-) why I do not buy Hammer, it will take 3/4 of my garage/driveway. If I'll park it on the street, it'll take half of the street and my neighbours won't be so happy. And I do not want to make them unhappy. Besides, there is no GOOD for me price (starting from $50,000) for that car. Seriously, I do not see any reason to buy this car. I simply do not need it.
  • : hmmm, i don't know anything about cars.i don't have a driverslicense either! ha, no problem. public transport is free for me. :D
    :
    Lucky you!!!
  • : :
    : : Lion, why dont you see if you can pick up one of those GW1 "Hummers" at a good price. Im sure you would be the pride of your neighbours ;-)
    : GW2 "Hummer" is on market already. Actually, GW is only one real SUV all others just pretend to be SUV. There is only one reason ;-) why I do not buy Hammer, it will take 3/4 of my garage/driveway. If I'll park it on the street, it'll take half of the street and my neighbours won't be so happy. And I do not want to make them unhappy. Besides, there is no GOOD for me price (starting from $50,000) for that car. Seriously, I do not see any reason to buy this car. I simply do not need it.
    :

I was kidding, they have to be one of the most over the top vehicles around. When I was in LA 3 years ago. I was told by some LA friends that they saw Arnie driving around in one.

I know what car you like. A good old Russian classic. The Lada mk1.

• : : : Pick-up truck for [b]$51,000[/b]!!! I think this is ridiculous
    : : : http://autos.msn.com/vip/singleyear.aspx?modelid=10478
    : : :
    : : 51,000 * 45 ~~ 22,95,000 My kinda money.
    : : Nice :-)
    : : I don't own a car and doesn't hope to in the near future .
    : [blue]I think I know why you do not have it but I would say - lucky you[/blue]
    [red]Not that lucky,I guess[/red]
    : : But I do think it is a bit too much for a pickup,even with
    : : leather seats and stuff.
    : : Maybe it's meant for the Texas Oil Kings only.
    : : Who cares .
    : : BTW infidel, "fuel cells" ? Why ? What's special about them? Okay I will ask google too.
    : : Faustine
    : : --------
    :
    :

• : [blue]People want to buy that type of car because of stupid reason - fashion. Because of this reason automakers install in that type of car things which are completely useles like leather seats. Actual price (price that manufucturer paid for this) for that fixture is significantly less expensive than car builders charge buyers. And there are a lot things like that - CD changer, road navigator, separated climate control. [b]Floor mats for $200!![/b]. Moreover, they are not options. There is no way to do not have them. You must have and pay for them, if want to byu car like that. That's why the automakers make profit on that type of vehicles not because its manufacturing costs automakers less money than other types of car.In other words, automakers make profit on people stupidity saling them car like Escalade[/blue]

I totally agree. Vive la Capitalism!

: And right now, electrical vehicles cost far more to make than they would return in sales. That tide is slowly changing, but even the Honda and Toyota hybrids are more expensive than their combustion-based siblings.
    : [blue]I do't think so. Honda Hibrid - about $20,000 - full loaded Honda Civic - $18,000. The same about Toyta Pirus and Toyta Corola. I think the manufucturing of that type car is not that expensive. The premanufacturing period designing time was very expensive.[/blue]

I didn't say they were WAY more expensive, just more expensive, which they are. If you own them long enough you'll offset that initial cost in other savings, but right now I can't afford to buy anything over 14K

: In the long run, investment in fuel cells and other alternatives will be the way to go, but since when have American businesses been known for thinking long-term?
    : [blue] I am not that good in history/analyzis of American economy and do not have answer on this question. But I think too long-term thinking in economy is not good either. Example, Soviet long-term planing in economy ... [/blue]

Well, Sovietism is based on faulty premises to begin with ;-)

One thing I learned in my University accounting class was that most American businesses have for a long time focused on maintaining a growing stock price. Most people will judge a company's success on their stock price going up up up. That, however, leads to all manner of problems, not the least of which is less willingness to spend a lot of capital on long-term improvement.

• : BTW infidel, "fuel cells" ? Why ? What's special about them? Okay I will ask google too.

Fuelcells are the future! They are like magic. You put in Hydrogen and Oxygen and you get electricity and water. No greenhouse gases, no particulate pollution, no noise!

• : : BTW infidel, "fuel cells" ? Why ? What's special about them? Okay I will ask google too.
    :
    : Fuelcells are the future! They are like magic. You put in Hydrogen and Oxygen and you get electricity and water. No greenhouse gases, no particulate pollution, no noise!
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Kind of dreamy stuff ? Give me a link .i would like to read it.
    Leaving for the day now.almost 9 pm here.

Faustine
    --------