ActiveX error

At wrok we are using a simple program written in VB (not sure what ver. and not written by me) The program runs fine on all four machines. Three out of the four are windows2000. No problems there.
The one running windows98 runs fine until we go to print something to a networked printer. When we try to do this we get the error message "ActiveX component cannot create object." Does anyone know what the problem is here? Could it be a missing .dll or something? Is there any way to download something or copy something from another computer on the network here to fix this?
Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• : At wrok we are using a simple program written in VB (not sure what ver. and not written by me) The program runs fine on all four machines. Three out of the four are windows2000. No problems there.
    : The one running windows98 runs fine until we go to print something to a networked printer. When we try to do this we get the error message "ActiveX component cannot create object." Does anyone know what the problem is here? Could it be a missing .dll or something? Is there any way to download something or copy something from another computer on the network here to fix this?
    : Thanks,
    : Chris
    :
    I hate when that happens, but yes there is hope my good friend. The reason that is happening is because there is no library of that object, basically when the script goes to create an instance of that component, it's not there so it couldn't create the object if it's not there. Now the real problem is finding out which component you're missing, and to do that you can goto http://support.microsoft.com and copy the exact error description you get into their site and, well...that's about all i know...sure hope that helps, but just find the component and put it on that computer is the main point, sorry for all the beating of the bush.
    [code]
    ..: Zantos :..
    MegaRiot Productions
    http://www.megariot.funurl.com
    [/code]