Let's stop debate about religion

Comments

• : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-7-28 5:4:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : i agree with you! there have been many many threads concerning that topic. I usually don't feel like participating in those threads. But i do read most of it, i just sometimes feel the urge to let infidel know that i agree with him again!
    : : :
    : : : btw: u should know that at least i dont care about your religion or ethnic. But, you're nationallity makes you interesting. just because what you can tell about your past and such. So, i do care about nationallity ;-)
    : : Are you trying to say that my nationality was Soviet? :-D That's not quite correct. My nationality is Jew but I lived in the former Soviet Union. There was not nationality like Soviet. People of different nationalities like Russian, Armenian, Georgian, Ukrainian, Jew used to live there. The situation in the former SU with nationalities was very different from other countries. Dutch is your nationality, isn't it? Let's say you'll decide to move to US. If you will accept US citizenship, your nationality will become American who is original from Holland. That correct for normal country. Now. Let's say you'll make stupid decision to move to Russia and accept Russia citizenship. You think you will become Russian :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D? Not in the Russia. In that country you will remain Dutch, who decided to move to the Russia!!!!
    : :
    : Well that is true. Im English until I die no matter where I live.
    :
    : But you was born in Russia? We have a similar thing here with the imports.
    :
    [blue]It's just western stereotype about people from SU. No, I was not. I was born in one of the republick of the former USSR. USSR consisted of 15 republic. Russia was one of them (biggest one) and I was born and lived 38 years in another one, not Russia. [/blue]
    : They are only British when it suits them.
    :
    [blue]So I'll immigrate to England and start live in York, how you will call me British or English? For some reason, I do not think that real English people will call me English [/blue]
    : Like for instance.. theres a couple of British Muslims that were caught in the battle field in Afghanistan. They are currently being held in that Camp X ray place. Now for some deranged reason.. the Government is attempting to bring them back here for trial.. and actually because Bush has publically said that these people are "bad". Then under EU laws its going to be difficult to trail them for legal reasons. If you ask me.. They should remain in America and be tried there. we dont want traitors in the UK if we cant punish them.
    :

• : : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-7-28 5:4:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : i agree with you! there have been many many threads concerning that topic. I usually don't feel like participating in those threads. But i do read most of it, i just sometimes feel the urge to let infidel know that i agree with him again!
    : : : :
    : : : : btw: u should know that at least i dont care about your religion or ethnic. But, you're nationallity makes you interesting. just because what you can tell about your past and such. So, i do care about nationallity ;-)
    : : : Are you trying to say that my nationality was Soviet? :-D That's not quite correct. My nationality is Jew but I lived in the former Soviet Union. There was not nationality like Soviet. People of different nationalities like Russian, Armenian, Georgian, Ukrainian, Jew used to live there. The situation in the former SU with nationalities was very different from other countries. Dutch is your nationality, isn't it? Let's say you'll decide to move to US. If you will accept US citizenship, your nationality will become American who is original from Holland. That correct for normal country. Now. Let's say you'll make stupid decision to move to Russia and accept Russia citizenship. You think you will become Russian :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D? Not in the Russia. In that country you will remain Dutch, who decided to move to the Russia!!!!
    : : Well that is true. Im English until I die no matter where I live.
    : : But you was born in Russia? We have a similar thing here with the imports.
    : [blue]It's just western stereotype about people from SU. No, I was not. I was born in one of the republick of the former USSR. USSR consisted of 15 republic. Russia was one of them (biggest one) and I was born and lived 38 years in another one, not Russia. [/blue]

You know what i meant. SU. Which one then?

: : They are only British when it suits them.
    : [blue]So I'll immigrate to England and start live in York, how you will call me British or English? For some reason, I do not think that real English people will call me English [/blue]

Well actually youd be given a silly name. We are not being nasty.. Infact these people use these phrases to describe themselves and laugh at it.

Polish person living in England is called

"Jam Role" Pole rhymes with jam role.
    A Greek is "Bubble & Sweak"

My best friend is Polish.. he uses these phrases all the time even though he has lived in the UK for nearly 20 years. Although he can speak polish, his english accent is like mine. I can hear no major difference.

: : Like for instance.. theres a couple of British Muslims that were caught in the battle field in Afghanistan. They are currently being held in that Camp X ray place. Now for some deranged reason.. the Government is attempting to bring them back here for trial.. and actually because Bush has publically said that these people are "bad". Then under EU laws its going to be difficult to trail them for legal reasons. If you ask me.. They should remain in America and be tried there. we dont want traitors in the UK if we cant punish them.
    :
    :

• : : Are you trying to say that my nationality was Soviet? :-D That's not quite correct. My nationality is Jew but I lived in the former Soviet Union. There was not nationality like Soviet. People of different nationalities like Russian, Armenian, Georgian, Ukrainian, Jew used to live there. The situation in the former SU with nationalities was very different from other countries. Dutch is your nationality, isn't it? Let's say you'll decide to move to US. If you will accept US citizenship, your nationality will become American who is original from Holland. That correct for normal country. Now. Let's say you'll make stupid decision to move to Russia and accept Russia citizenship. You think you will become Russian :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D? Not in the Russia. In that country you will remain Dutch, who decided to move to the Russia!!!!
    : : : Well that is true. Im English until I die no matter where I live.
    : : : But you was born in Russia? We have a similar thing here with the imports.
    : : [blue]It's just western stereotype about people from SU. No, I was not. I was born in one of the republick of the former USSR. USSR consisted of 15 republic. Russia was one of them (biggest one) and I was born and lived 38 years in another one, not Russia. [/blue]
    :
    : You know what i meant. SU. Which one then?
    :
    [blue] I believe [b]you know[/b] my home country name and would not like to post it here because of the same reason when I did not post my real name[/blue]
    :
    : : : They are only British when it suits them.
    : : [blue]So I'll immigrate to England and start live in York, how you will call me British or English? For some reason, I do not think that real English people will call me English [/blue]
    :
    : Well actually youd be given a silly name. We are not being nasty.. Infact these people use these phrases to describe themselves and laugh at it.
    :
    : Polish person living in England is called
    :
    : "Jam Role" Pole rhymes with jam role.
    : A Greek is "Bubble & Sweak"
    :
    [blue] And people from SU are called ... let me guess ... "Russian mafiozy"? :-D [/blue]

: My best friend is Polish.. he uses these phrases all the time even though he has lived in the UK for nearly 20 years. Although he can speak polish, his english accent is like mine. I can hear no major difference.
    :
    :
    : : : Like for instance.. theres a couple of British Muslims that were caught in the battle field in Afghanistan. They are currently being held in that Camp X ray place. Now for some deranged reason.. the Government is attempting to bring them back here for trial.. and actually because Bush has publically said that these people are "bad". Then under EU laws its going to be difficult to trail them for legal reasons. If you ask me.. They should remain in America and be tried there. we dont want traitors in the UK if we cant punish them.
    :
    :

• : I officialy belong to the completely different religion named Judaism. In other words, I am Jew.

Cool. Although "completely different" is debateable ;-)

: Actualy, I am atheist and DO NOT CARE about people religion(s) AT ALL.

But it's such an interesting topic!

: On this board at least, do you care about my religion/nationality/ethnick origin? If you do care, I'll leave this board.

I care to the point that I think you're a wonderfully interesting person with a completely different perspective than any of the rest of us.

: If you do not, let's stop debate about this.

Nobody is debating this.

: Of course you can say: Hey, lionb no one push you to participate in religious debate, if do not like just leave us alone. But IMO there are a lot of other different and very interesting subjects for discussion besides religion.

So start one!

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• : : : Are you trying to say that my nationality was Soviet? :-D That's not quite correct. My nationality is Jew but I lived in the former Soviet Union. There was not nationality like Soviet. People of different nationalities like Russian, Armenian, Georgian, Ukrainian, Jew used to live there. The situation in the former SU with nationalities was very different from other countries. Dutch is your nationality, isn't it? Let's say you'll decide to move to US. If you will accept US citizenship, your nationality will become American who is original from Holland. That correct for normal country. Now. Let's say you'll make stupid decision to move to Russia and accept Russia citizenship. You think you will become Russian :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D? Not in the Russia. In that country you will remain Dutch, who decided to move to the Russia!!!!
    : : : : :
    : : : : Well that is true. Im English until I die no matter where I live.
    : : : : But you was born in Russia? We have a similar thing here with the imports.
    : : : [blue]It's just western stereotype about people from SU. No, I was not. I was born in one of the republick of the former USSR. USSR consisted of 15 republic. Russia was one of them (biggest one) and I was born and lived 38 years in another one, not Russia. [/blue]
    : : You know what i meant. SU. Which one then?
    : [blue] I believe [b]you know[/b] my home country name and would not like to post it here because of the same reason when I did not post my real name[/blue]
    : : : : They are only British when it suits them.
    : : : [blue]So I'll immigrate to England and start live in York, how you will call me British or English? For some reason, I do not think that real English people will call me English [/blue]

Ah, yes I do know.

: : Well actually youd be given a silly name. We are not being nasty.. Infact these people use these phrases to describe themselves and laugh at it.
    : : Polish person living in England is called
    : : "Jam Role" Pole rhymes with jam role.
    : : A Greek is "Bubble & Squeak"
    : [blue] And people from SU are called ... let me guess ... "Russian mafiozy"? :-D [/blue]

Actually i dont know. Only ever met Ukrainians before. Probably some relation to do with Comrade or something.

: : My best friend is Polish.. he uses these phrases all the time even though he has lived in the UK for nearly 20 years. Although he can speak polish, his english accent is like mine. I can hear no major difference.
    : : : : Like for instance.. theres a couple of British Muslims that were caught in the battle field in Afghanistan. They are currently being held in that Camp X ray place. Now for some deranged reason.. the Government is attempting to bring them back here for trial.. and actually because Bush has publically said that these people are "bad". Then under EU laws its going to be difficult to trail them for legal reasons. If you ask me.. They should remain in America and be tried there. we dont want traitors in the UK if we cant punish them.
    :
    :

• : : I officialy belong to the completely different religion named Judaism. In other words, I am Jew.
    :
    : Cool. Although "completely different" is debateable ;-)
    :
    : : Actualy, I am atheist and DO NOT CARE about people religion(s) AT ALL.
    :
    : But it's such an interesting topic!
    :
    : : On this board at least, do you care about my religion/nationality/ethnick origin? If you do care, I'll leave this board.
    :
    : I care to the point that I think you're a wonderfully interesting person with [b]a completely different perspective than any of the rest of us [/b].
    :
    [blue]Am I? Why do you think that? I thought that my perspective is common human one[/blue]
  • :
    :: So start one!
    :
    [blue] I've already tried to start it! About jazz. Well actualy it was like sub subject of " ... green valey". Anyway, it's turned out to religion ... [/blue]

• : [blue]Am I? Why do you think that? I thought that my perspective is common human one[/blue]

Last I checked, you were the only Jewish Russian former Neuroscientist around here.

• : :
    : :: So start one!
    : [blue] I've already tried to start it! About jazz. Well actualy it was like sub subject of " ... green valey". Anyway, it's turned out to religion ... [/blue]

Then start another!

• : [blue] Well leeos I regret to say that but looks like you missunderstood me. My post was not against religion or religious people or agtressive atheist/nonethist ( for me , no offense infidel, agressive atheism is just another form of religion. In other words it sounds like debate between two opposite religious group). [/blue]

You're about 98% correct here. I haven't even come close to agressive here.

[blue]I was just tried to say that IMO debate between religous people and atheists is endless and because of that it does not make sence to continue it. Again, it's just my opinion[/blue]

That all depends on the specific argument.

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-7-28 12:33:32[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [blue]Am I? Why do you think that? I thought that my perspective is common human one[/blue]
    :
    : Last I checked, you were the only Jewish Russian former Neuroscientist around here.
    :
    :
    [blue] May be it's about my English. For me word 'pespective' means point of view. When I say 'human perspective' I mean human point of view. So, how my ethnik-professional origin can change my human point of view? Let say I would architect not scientist in my previous life. Would it change my point of view? I do not think so. I am atheist not because I am 'Jewish Russian former Neuroscientist'. I love jazz and hate heavy metall not because I am 'Jewish Russian former Neuroscientist'. I do it just because of my common pure human perspective. By the way, long time ago before I was born, jazz was illigal in the SU. The reason was more than stupid. The communists leaders call jazz "music of capitalistic word" or something like that[/blue]

• : : :
    : : :: So start one!
    : : [blue] I've already tried to start it! About jazz. Well actualy it was like sub subject of " ... green valey". Anyway, it's turned out to religion ... [/blue]
    :
    : Then start another!
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :
    [blue] OK I will [/blue]
  • : : [blue] Well leeos I regret to say that but looks like you missunderstood me. My post was not against religion or religious people or agtressive atheist/nonethist ( for me , no offense infidel, agressive atheism is just another form of religion. In other words it sounds like debate between two opposite religious group). [/blue]
    :
    : You're about 98% correct here. I haven't even come close to agressive here.
    :
    [red]Sorry if I hurt you saing 'agressive'. When I said 'agressive' I didn't mean 'violent','brutal'. I meant somebody who wants to debate very much. Who does care about subject.[/red].
    : [blue]I was just tried to say that IMO debate between religous people and atheists is endless and because of that it does not make sence to continue it. Again, it's just my opinion[/blue]
    :
    : That all depends on the specific argument.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :

• : : : : : Do you think funerals will change in the future?
    : : : : Maybe. If you don't belive in the God thing, why get married and
    : : : : have a funeral at a church anyway?
    : : : mmm. Well I think thats something that "The Parents" want.. because
    : : : they did.
    : : Yeah, that's true.
    : : : : : Actually another good thing is that the canteen at my place is a an
    : : : : : old Church that closed down.
    : : : : And please can you explain to me why that is a good thing?
    : : : Well its a nice building. Better that it was not demolished and
    : : : replaced with something more modern.
    : : Ah, OK. I thought you were saying it like "yay, another church gone". Which would have hacked me off. :-)
    :
    : Well I was goign to say something like that to see what your
    : reaction was.
    Probably would have sparked me off! :-)

: Actually in York, an old run down church has been converted into
    : flats. Looks like a really cool place to live. Alas it is too
    : expensive. Also, on converted Churches, I went to a night club in
    : NY that used to be a Church. The bar was where the altar was..
    : which is kind of taking the p1ss. Still quite enterprising though.
    A chapel in my village is being turned into flats...it'll probably be quite nice. Churches do tend to be pretty nice buildings. Big ones I can imagine making good nightclubs! I went to an event at York Minster once where they had turned the place into a kind of multi-stage club to run a youth event of sorts. Acoustics were pretty interesting!

Bar where the alar was? Alcohol serving hasn't moved around then. ;-)

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : [red]Sorry if I hurt you saing 'agressive'. When I said 'agressive' I didn't mean 'violent','brutal'. I meant somebody who wants to debate very much. Who does care about subject.[/red].

Dude, you don't need to apologize so much. Nothing you can say would offend me. And as you've defined it, I agree I am agressive. Though around here I've been very tame compared to my past adventures.