Religion

2»

Comments

• : [blue]All of them? I do not think so. There must be some logical, may be physiological, explanation. When I was College student I heard of some physiological speculation about hormone melatonin which plays some role in skin pigmatation. There was some hypothesis that hormone produces dark skin pigment that reflect or absorbe ultraviolet. That's why people on the south, where a lot of sunshine and ultraviolet has darker slin. I believe this hypothesis is stil just hypothesis and there is no real scientific evidence but it sounds very logical. At the same time it stil doesn't expalain why people in Africa has much darker skin than people who live in middle east even though they have almost the same number of sunshine days[/blue]

Certainly its hypothesis, or maybe even a weakly supported theory, and there are certainly many factors involved, but if you trace back geneologically, all the fair-skinned "races" come from the North.

At any rate, it's a very intersesting question.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• : : : I am not a religious person, nor am i a paragon of morals and
    : : : ethics, but of all the things i know to be a CONSTANT, its the speed
    : : : of light in a vacuum.
    : : Actually there was a suggestion a while back that a few things
    : : pointed to it having gradually changed over a period of time.
    : : Don't ask for details, it was a year or two back that I read about
    : : it.
    :
    : I've heard various rumors of that. Most of the time, though, its
    : from creationist wackos who are trying to reverse-engineer the big
    : bang to fit their 6000 year timescale. Would be interested in any
    : details if you happen across them.
    6000 year timescale? Uh...d'oh. I don't remember who proposed it, but somebody said something about "if it has changed we might be able to time travel". I don't know it was a creationist theory... If I find more info I'll pass it over.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : : [blue]All of them? I do not think so. There must be some logical, may be physiological, explanation. When I was College student I heard of some physiological speculation about hormone melatonin which plays some role in skin pigmatation. There was some hypothesis that hormone produces dark skin pigment that reflect or absorbe ultraviolet. That's why people on the south, where a lot of sunshine and ultraviolet has darker slin. I believe this hypothesis is stil just hypothesis and there is no real scientific evidence but it sounds very logical. At the same time it stil doesn't expalain why people in Africa has much darker skin than people who live in middle east even though they have almost the same number of sunshine days[/blue]
    :
    : Certainly its hypothesis, or maybe even a weakly supported theory, and there are certainly many factors involved, but if you trace back geneologically, all the fair-skinned "races" come from the North.
    :
    : At any rate, it's a very intersesting question.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    [blue] It is interesting. You are right about fair-skinned "races" come. But this is mostly about Old World, for example Europe and Africa. At the mean time, people who live in both North and South America have no differences in skin color. Indian from both Canada and Equatorial part of South America have the same light colored skin. Moreover, skin of people from Southern South America (relatively not far from South Pole) is very light. Or other example. People from my ethnic group. Some of us are blonde with blue eyes and very "white" skin and some brunet with dark eyes and relatively "dark" skin. I am mixed. I am blonde with blue eyes but my skin is not that "white". Of course there must be involved a lot of different factors like genetic, mixed marriges and others. [/blue]
  • how does this work?

when i was born, my hair was jet black. Then as a child it was blond for many years.. and now it is dark brown.
  • : how does this work?
    :
    : when i was born, my hair was jet black. Then as a child it was blond for many years.. and now it is dark brown.
    :
    [blue]So you do not want to be blond ... I am just wondering, what kind of haur paint do you use? :-D:-D:-D
    Seriously, I do not know. Color of my hair changed but it was not that dramatical changes. My wife's hair used to be red when she was child, now it's dark blond. Actually, changing of hair pigmentation during life cicle is well known facts (I don't know explanation). At the same time, skin color never changed. Well, sometimes old people have pigments spot on their skin but it's not real change of skin color [/blue]
  • quick of you to remove the extra post. ;-)

no colouring needed. i don't think blond haor would suit me. might look a bit gay ;-)
  • : quick of you to remove the extra post. ;-)
    :
    : no colouring needed. i don't think blond haor would suit me. might look a bit gay ;-)
    :
    [blue] I don't know why this additional post appeared. I am blond but I hope I do not look like a gay. No matter what colors of our hair are, I am very happy, that we switched discussion from religion to hair/skin color[/blue]
  • : : quick of you to remove the extra post. ;-)
    : :
    : : no colouring needed. i don't think blond haor would suit me. might look a bit gay ;-)
    : [blue] I don't know why this additional post appeared. I am blond but I hope I do not look like a gay. No matter what colors of our hair are, I am very happy, that we switched discussion from religion to hair/skin color[/blue]
    :
    One of my mates turned 30 a couple of years ago.. he died his hair bleach blond. I just remember his girlfriend demanding that he washed it out as she thought he looked homosexual. Really made me laugh.
  • : : : quick of you to remove the extra post. ;-)
    : : :
    : : : no colouring needed. i don't think blond haor would suit me. might look a bit gay ;-)
    : : :
    : : [blue] I don't know why this additional post appeared. I am blond but I hope I do not look like a gay. No matter what colors of our hair are, I am very happy, that we switched discussion from religion to hair/skin color[/blue]
    : One of my mates turned 30 a couple of years ago.. he died his hair bleach blond. I just remember his girlfriend demanding that he washed it out as she thought he looked homosexual. Really made me laugh.
    :
    [blue] I hope you are not going to switch discussion to homosexuality subject? I do not care about that kind of people but not interested in that kind of conversation[/blue]
  • No, not at all. it was the only relevent thing i could think of.

Anyway. I have a question. This is something that my mates and I discussed.

If you was on a flight and all of a sudden it was taken over by terrorists.. what would you do? There are 3 of them with small blades.

• : people who live in both North and South America have no differences in skin color.

Native Americans do vary a little, but since they're all descendants of Asians who migrated relatively recently in history, it makes sense that they're less diverse.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]