From religion through skin/hair color to terrorism

Anyway. I have a question. This is something that my mates and I discussed.
:
: If you was on a flight and all of a sudden it was taken over by terrorists.. what would you do? There are 3 of them with small blades.
:
:
[blue]Honestly speaking, I don't know because sometimes my behavior is unpredictable and depends on situation. I'll probably try to fight. Again, if you don't know how many of those morons are on the board and what kind of weapons they have, that decision probably will not be the best. At the same time, I am quite sure that negotiations with that kind of people not going to be successful. So .[/blue]

Comments

• : Anyway. I have a question. This is something that my mates and I discussed.
    : :
    : : If you was on a flight and all of a sudden it was taken over by terrorists.. what would you do? There are 3 of them with small blades.
    : [blue]Honestly speaking, I don't know because sometimes my behavior is unpredictable and depends on situation. I'll probably try to fight. Again, if you don't know how many of those morons are on the board and what kind of weapons they have, that decision probably will not be the best. At the same time, I am quite sure that negotiations with that kind of people not going to be successful. So .[/blue]

I'd say that since the 9/11 terrorists changed the "rules" of hijacking, there isn't going to be any load of passengers that allows a plane to be taken over again. Gone are the days of negotiation. It's now a "risk a few of us being cut before we subdue the bastards" vs. "sit and wait until we all die in a massive fireball, possibly killing thousands of people on the ground". I know which choice I'd make.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• : Anyway. I have a question. This is something that my mates and I discussed.
    : : If you was on a flight and all of a sudden it was taken over by terrorists.. what would you do? There are 3 of them with small blades.
    : [blue]Honestly speaking, I don't know because sometimes my behavior is unpredictable and depends on situation. I'll probably try to fight. Again, if you don't know how many of those morons are on the board and what kind of weapons they have, that decision probably will not be the best. At the same time, I am quite sure that negotiations with that kind of people not going to be successful. So .[/blue]
    :
    That would be my reaction too. A good old fight. But these things change when your faced with the situation.

The reason for asking was that Ive been reading what the FBI said were in the transcripts from the cockpit of the flight that crashed. Now it said that it seemed that the passengers had learned that 2 planes had hot the WTC. How would they know that? I dont think a GSM phone would be able to get signal at x K feet. They then used a drinks cabinet to break into the cockpit... but alas the plane was downed by the pilot.

The media has been talking about this a lot recently. Quite a few reports haev managed to smuggle weapons on board internal flights over the last year or so.

• : : Anyway. I have a question. This is something that my mates and I discussed.
    : : :
    : : : If you was on a flight and all of a sudden it was taken over by terrorists.. what would you do? There are 3 of them with small blades.
    : : [blue]Honestly speaking, I don't know because sometimes my behavior is unpredictable and depends on situation. I'll probably try to fight. Again, if you don't know how many of those morons are on the board and what kind of weapons they have, that decision probably will not be the best. At the same time, I am quite sure that negotiations with that kind of people not going to be successful. So .[/blue]
    :
    : I'd say that since the 9/11 terrorists changed the "rules" of hijacking, there isn't going to be any load of passengers that allows a plane to be taken over again. Gone are the days of negotiation. It's now a "risk a few of us being cut before we subdue the bastards" vs. "sit and wait until we all die in a massive fireball, possibly killing thousands of people on the ground". I know which choice I'd make.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

True true. Do you think thats why there has not been another attempt?

but it brings us back to an old post which upset lion. As old story that still makes me laugh.

http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=160844&Setting=A9999F0001

• : but it brings us back to an old post which upset lion. As old story that still makes me laugh.
    :
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=160844&Setting=A9999F0001
    :
    [blue]I still do not like reaction of some people of this board on that article and believe that passengers behaved exactly right.[/blue]

• : : but it brings us back to an old post which upset lion. As old story that still makes me laugh.
    : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=160844&Setting=A9999F0001
    : [blue]I still do not like reaction of some people of this board on that article and believe that passengers behaved exactly right.[/blue]
    :
    i think your on your own with this one. i did not post to cause an argument. i thought maybe you might be able to see the funny side of it it now.

• : : : but it brings us back to an old post which upset lion. As old story that still makes me laugh.
    : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=160844&Setting=A9999F0001
    : : [blue]I still do not like reaction of some people of this board on that article and believe that passengers behaved exactly right.[/blue]
    : i think your on your own with this one. i did not post to cause an argument. i thought maybe you might be able to see the funny side of it it now.
    :
    [blue]Sorry leeos, you know I like jokes and, I hope, I have good sence of humor but I did not see then and still do not see anything funny in that situation ... may be because of my English ... [/blue]
  • : : : : but it brings us back to an old post which upset lion. As old story that still makes me laugh.
    : : : :
    : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=160844&Setting=A9999F0001
    : : : :
    : : : [blue]I still do not like reaction of some people of this board on that article and believe that passengers behaved exactly right.[/blue]
    : : i think your on your own with this one. i did not post to cause an argument. i thought maybe you might be able to see the funny side of it it now.
    : [blue]Sorry leeos, you know I like jokes and, I hope, I have good sence of humor but I did not see then and still do not see anything funny in that situation ... may be because of my English ... [/blue]
    :

Well I imagine the coach driver to be a bit like George from Sienfeld. He just made a silly comment and then found 10 guns in his face.

If I was on that bus I would have laughed at the comment...because it was so obviously untrue...especially after the statement was made after a few people were whining at the driver.

They made a mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me. Total overkill on the police's behalf too.

Just like when Saddam's sons were killed. 10 missiles, a hundreed + troops and an attack support helicopter. Vrs a few guys with Ak-47 riffles. SAS could have sorted that out with a small team.

• : Just like when Saddam's sons were killed. 10 missiles, a hundreed + troops and an attack support helicopter. Vrs a few guys with Ak-47 riffles. SAS could have sorted that out with a small team.

Or when they thought Saddam might be in a certain diner so they drop four JDAMs on it. Duh.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• [b][red]This message was edited by DarQ at 2003-8-12 15:28:0[/red][/b][hr]
    yo!

i made that special thing blue!

: If I was on that bus I would have laughed at the comment...[blue]because it was so obviously untrue...[/blue]especially after the statement was made after a few people were whining at the driver.
    :
    : They made a mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me. Total overkill on the police's behalf too.

i agree with you. at least when i'm here in NL. if you ask me, i think that many people in the US overreact too much on everything. we have such big towers. fastest cars whatever. It also looks like they enjoy everything that much more (not true ofcourse ;-)) and that they __fear__ everything much more.
    They don't seem to think logical and KNOW that it was so obviously untrue...

ok, im sorry for the nonsence i have provided this time. But from my (current) point of view: i think that most residents of the US should be a little bit more relaxed ;-)

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    url--> http://space.servehttp.com (ssh,ftp,http,stmp,imap etc etc)

• : : Just like when Saddam's sons were killed. 10 missiles, a hundreed + troops and an attack support helicopter. Vrs a few guys with Ak-47 riffles. SAS could have sorted that out with a small team.
    :
    : Or when they thought Saddam might be in a certain diner so they drop four JDAMs on it. Duh.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the bit in Blues Brothers when half the the army is going after them.

The weapons all have cool names though. My personal favourite is the "E Bomb"