immediate window outside of vb6

hey ho

i want to see if i can start the immediate wimdow without having to start the whole vb6 ide, just the little window, its very useful when performing quick calculations or checking small portions of code

Comments

• : hey ho
    :
    : i want to see if i can start the immediate wimdow without having to start the whole vb6 ide, just the little window, its very useful when performing quick calculations or checking small portions of code

The immediate window has no context outside of the IDE.

If you want a handy calculator/programming environment, let me recommend Python's interactive interpreter.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• hey ho!

well if that python thing works with vb6 code it would be nce if yiou posted a link or something.
    isnt there a special ocx for that matter, or a vb function like vb.execute(txtImmediate.text) :-P
  • isn't there ANYTHING???
  • : isn't there ANYTHING???

You can't even compile VB code without the IDE let alone use the immediate window. The Python thing I mentioned is it's own language. You can call VB ActiveX DLLs from it, but you can't step through VB code with it.

• : : isn't there ANYTHING???
    :
    : You can't even compile VB code without the IDE let alone use the immediate window. The Python thing I mentioned is it's own language. You can call VB ActiveX DLLs from it, but you can't step through VB code with it.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

The VB6 compiler can be invoked from command line.
    But still, I agree about the Immediate Window: it's part of the IDE.
  • : The VB6 compiler can be invoked from command line.
    : But still, I agree about the Immediate Window: it's part of the IDE.

I thought of that after I posted, but it's still the IDE, just running in a non-graphical mode doing it's black magic before calling the C++ compiler.

• : : The VB6 compiler can be invoked from command line.
    : : But still, I agree about the Immediate Window: it's part of the IDE.
    :
    : I thought of that after I posted, but it's still the IDE, just running in a non-graphical mode doing it's black magic before calling the C++ compiler.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

Well, it is the same exe, in fact, so I have to agree.