Death Sentence

Comments

• : : : : : : http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_813754.html
    : : : : : :
    : : : [blue]If you ask me, i will suggest these guys turn to God and follow the commandments.[/blue]
    : : : :
    : : : [red]Oh, no. Not again![/red]
    : : :
    : : : [green]So the States is made up of hipocrites, the bank notes you use have an inscription that has something to do in trusting God, and it explicitly states 'WE', so who is this 'we'? And you use that money lionb, dont you? Your leaders also use the bible when they take the oath of office!! What do you say to that?[/green]
    : :
    : [blue]I've alredady said about that at
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=209484&Setting=A9999F0001
    : Now I'm trying to say that there are a lot of very religious criminals around ... even among priests, rabies and others. Example? Last scandal with Catholic Church in the US. Another example? Rabbi killed his own wife[/blue]
    ::[green]That doesn't make every catholic priest bad. Most of them are devoted guys who want to do good to humankind, but priesthood like everything good, gets hijacked by the bad. The only bad thing is that the system somehow protected these bad guys by transfering them to other places , to continue with their crimes.[/green]
    :

• : : : : : : http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_813754.html
    : : : [blue]If you ask me, i will suggest these guys turn to God and follow the commandments.[/blue]
    : : : [red]Oh, no. Not again![/red]
    : : : [green]So the States is made up of hipocrites, the bank notes you use have an inscription that has something to do in trusting God, and it explicitly states 'WE', so who is this 'we'? And you use that money lionb, dont you? Your leaders also use the bible when they take the oath of office!! What do you say to that?[/green]

[red]

i think the oath stuff is just tradtion now. same as british judges wearng wigs. some may take it seriously, some may not. i know it would not stop me from perjury if it was going to help me not to go to prison. although it depends on the crime i suppose. lets say if i killed a kid drink driving... i would accept prison... but something like corporate fraud. no way.. i would lie lie lie.

[/red]

: [blue]I've alredady said about that at
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=209484&Setting=A9999F0001
    : Now I'm trying to say that there are a lot of very religious criminals around ... even among priests, rabies and others. Example? Last scandal with Catholic Church in the US. Another example? Rabbi killed his own wife[/blue]
    :
    :

• : : : : : : : http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_813754.html
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : [blue]If you ask me, i will suggest these guys turn to God and follow the commandments.[/blue]
    : : : : :
    : : : : [red]Oh, no. Not again![/red]
    : : : : [green]So the States is made up of hipocrites, the bank notes you use have an inscription that has something to do in trusting God, and it explicitly states 'WE', so who is this 'we'? And you use that money lionb, dont you? Your leaders also use the bible when they take the oath of office!! What do you say to that?[/green]
    :
    : [red]
    :
    : i think the oath stuff is just tradtion now. same as british judges wearng wigs. some may take it seriously, some may not. i know it would not stop me from perjury if it was going to help me not to go to prison. although it depends on the crime i suppose. lets say if i killed a kid drink driving... i would accept prison... but something like corporate fraud. no way.. i would lie lie lie.
    :
    : [/red]
    :
    : Certainly you are not encouraging corporate fraud, are you?
    :
    : : [blue]I've alredady said about that at
    : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=209484&Setting=A9999F0001
    : : Now I'm trying to say that there are a lot of very religious criminals around ... even among priests, rabies and others. Example? Last scandal with Catholic Church in the US. Another example? Rabbi killed his own wife[/blue]
    :
    :

• : : [green]So the States is made up of hipocrites, the bank notes you use have an inscription that has something to do in trusting God, and it explicitly states 'WE', so who is this 'we'?[/green]

Oh please spare me. You think the average Joe on the street cares what's printed on the money? And for that matter, you think the average Joe has any control over what gets printed on the money? I'll have you know that the official motto of the USA is (or was, can't remember if it's official changed) "E pluribus unum" which means "from many, one". The fact that "In God We Trust" is printed or stamped on our currency is all thanks to one particular Treasury secretary who replaced E pluribus unum with it. Since there is no other "legal tender" commonly accepted in the USA, how else am I supposed to do business? If that makes me a hypocrite in your opininon then you are seriously confused.

[green]And you use that money lionb, dont you? Your leaders also use the bible when they take the oath of office!! What do you say to that?[/green]

Bible are also used in Courts when witnesses are sworn to tell the truth. At least as long as the witness doesnt object. It's tradition more than anything. It's all supernatural hokum anyways. The only reason to have people put their hand on a Bible when they are swearing an oath to something is to "put the fear of God into them."

Personally I think it should all be done away with. No Bibles in Courts or oaths of office. No prayers to open courts or congresses. No monuments to the Ten Commandments in public facilities (unless they are part of an inclusive display). This country was founded by the rule of law, on the Constitution not the ten commandments or even Christianity.

Christians are always crying about how persecuted they are, but they turn right around and throw their majority around like they own the whole place.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• :[blue] If you ask me, i will suggest these guys turn to God and follow the commandments.[/blue]

Oh yeah, that's real effective.

• :[green]That doesn't make every catholic priest bad.
    [blue]I did not say that[/blue]
    Most of them are devoted guys who want to do good to humankind, but priesthood like everything good, gets hijacked by the bad. [blue]How come? I think God has to protect us against that [/blue]
    The only bad thing is that the system somehow protected these bad guys by transfering them to other places , to continue with their crimes.[/green]
    [blue]System sent them to prison, [b]church, which is embassy of God on the Earth, tried to protect them[/b]. Do you see the difference? What I'm trying to say, that religion is not capable to prevent people commit crime. That's for sure!!![/blue]
    :
    :

• : : : : : : : : http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_813754.html
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : [blue]If you ask me, i will suggest these guys turn to God and follow the commandments.[/blue]
    : : : : : [red]Oh, no. Not again![/red]
    : : : : :
    : : : : : [green]So the States is made up of hipocrites, the bank notes you use have an inscription that has something to do in trusting God, and it explicitly states 'WE', so who is this 'we'? And you use that money lionb, dont you? Your leaders also use the bible when they take the oath of office!! What do you say to that?[/green]
    : : [red]
    : : i think the oath stuff is just tradtion now. same as british judges wearng wigs. some may take it seriously, some may not. i know it would not stop me from perjury if it was going to help me not to go to prison. although it depends on the crime i suppose. lets say if i killed a kid drink driving... i would accept prison... but something like corporate fraud. no way.. i would lie lie lie.
    : : [/red]
    : : Certainly you are not encouraging corporate fraud, are you?

[red]

Nick Leeson is my hero ;-)

I saw him in York once. Cool guy.

[/red]

: : : [blue]I've alredady said about that at
    : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=455&MsgID=209484&Setting=A9999F0001
    : : : Now I'm trying to say that there are a lot of very religious criminals around ... even among priests, rabies and others. Example? Last scandal with Catholic Church in the US. Another example? Rabbi killed his own wife[/blue]
    :
    :

• : : : [green]So the States is made up of hipocrites, the bank notes you use have an inscription that has something to do in trusting God, and it explicitly states 'WE', so who is this 'we'?[/green]
    :
    : Oh please spare me. You think the average Joe on the street cares what's printed on the money? And for that matter, you think the average Joe has any control over what gets printed on the money? I'll have you know that the official motto of the USA is (or was, can't remember if it's official changed) "E pluribus unum" which means "from many, one". The fact that "In God We Trust" is printed or stamped on our currency is all thanks to one particular Treasury secretary who replaced E pluribus unum with it. Since there is no other "legal tender" commonly accepted in the USA, how else am I supposed to do business? If that makes me a hypocrite in your opininon then you are seriously confused.
    :
    : [green]And you use that money lionb, dont you? Your leaders also use the bible when they take the oath of office!! What do you say to that?[/green]
    :
    : Bible are also used in Courts when witnesses are sworn to tell the truth. At least as long as the witness doesnt object. It's tradition more than anything. It's all supernatural hokum anyways. The only reason to have people put their hand on a Bible when they are swearing an oath to something is to "put the fear of God into them."
    :
    : Personally I think it should all be done away with. No Bibles in Courts or oaths of office. No prayers to open courts or congresses. No monuments to the Ten Commandments in public facilities (unless they are part of an inclusive display). This country was founded by the rule of law, on the Constitution not the ten commandments or even Christianity.
    :
    : Christians are always crying about how persecuted they are, but they turn right around and throw their majority around like they own the whole place.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [blue]But you have to agree with me that christian princile, if not abused will mean a more peaceful world.
    I am not peddling any religion here, i only want to highlight how good things are tarnished by the bad, who to the outside look like they are part of the whole institution.[/blue]

• : :[green]That doesn't make every catholic priest bad.
    : [blue]I did not say that[/blue]
    : Most of them are devoted guys who want to do good to humankind, but priesthood like everything good, gets hijacked by the bad. [blue]How come? I think God has to protect us against that [/blue]
    : The only bad thing is that the system somehow protected these bad guys by transfering them to other places , to continue with their crimes.[/green]
    : [blue]System sent them to prison, [b]church, which is embassy of God on the Earth, tried to protect them[/b]. Do you see the difference?[black]Oh, when i said the system, i meant the church. i am not protecting them in any way for trying to cover up for the guys[/black] What I'm trying to say, that religion is not capable to prevent people commit crime. That's for sure!!![/blue]
    If all people follow the basic rules like "Thou shall not kill, steal, commit adultery, lie..etc", then there will be no criminals!!
    : : : You make a mistake of confusing religion with fanaticism, the former is noble, whilst the later is venom.
    :
    :

• : : :[green]That doesn't make every catholic priest bad.
    : : [blue]I did not say that[/blue]
    : : Most of them are devoted guys who want to do good to humankind, but priesthood like everything good, gets hijacked by the bad. [blue]How come? I think God has to protect us against that [/blue]
    : : The only bad thing is that the system somehow protected these bad guys by transfering them to other places , to continue with their crimes.[/green]
    : : [blue]System sent them to prison, [b]church, which is embassy of God on the Earth, tried to protect them[/b]. Do you see the difference?[black]Oh, when i said the system, i meant the church. i am not protecting them in any way for trying to cover up for the guys[/black] What I'm trying to say, that religion is not capable to prevent people commit crime. That's for sure!!![/blue]
    : If all people follow the basic rules like "Thou shall not kill, steal, commit adultery, lie..etc", then there will be no criminals!!
    [red]You are missing my point complitely! Accordung to any religions, people from Temples (priests, rabbies,mollahs whoever) are God embassodors on the Earth. So if they, God servers on the Easrth,do not "follow the basic rules like "Thou shall not kill, steal, commit adultery, lie..etc" why other people have to? They have to be punishemt by God first but they are not! So ...?????[/blue]
  • : : [blue]But you have to agree with me that christian princile, if not abused will mean a more peaceful world. [/blue]

Interesting that you must qualify that with "if not abused". I can say without such qualification that if everyone followed Buddhist principles the world would be peaceful.

[blue]
    : I am not peddling any religion here, i only want to highlight how good things are tarnished by the bad, who to the outside look like they are part of the whole institution.[/blue]

Of course. That's typical of humans.

• : So what was wrong with this Monument? I think nothing.

What's wrong with the monument is that it was placed for the specific purpose of stating "This is a Christian country founded on Christian beliefs."

• : Agreed. The point I was trying to say is. How can you have a legal system that has a religious bias? How can a system be moulded around something that can not be scientifically proved?

Technically laws cannot be scientifically proved either. The only reason we have laws against murder is because as a species, we have a desire to continue living and generally agree that murder is a bad thing. There's also our ability to experience empathy for others.

There are, of course, exceptions, like when the murderee is Qusay Hussein.

: Arrrrrhhgggggggg. I hope this does not start a Religious thread. I want to talk about law.

Law is a good topic. Religious people will always try to mix the two, but they can be kept separate.

: There is a by law in York, England ( Where I live ) Which states that I can legally kill a Scotsman with a cross bow on any Sunday.
    :
    : Obviously I will still be punished for first degree murder though. :-(

You must be very disappointed. :-P

• : : So what was wrong with this Monument? I think nothing.
    :
    : What's wrong with the monument is that it was placed for the specific purpose of stating "This is a Christian country founded on Christian beliefs."
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Historically that's true. So?
  • what's in blue, would could also be [blaat]...[/blaat] instead ic....

: :[blue] If you ask me, i will suggest these guys turn to God and follow the commandments.[/blue]
    :
    : Oh yeah, that's real effective.
    :
    :
    :
    :

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    url--> http://space.servehttp.com (ssh,ftp,http,stmp,imap etc etc)