Form Help

I want to make a simple form.

Name:
Address:
Email:
Phone#:

[Download]

The download button submits the form through email, and links to a file on a ftp server.

Any ideas for code? I don't know what I need to be able to submit a form via email.

Comments

• Does anyone else go to a festival, and while there log on to their fave programming site to answer questions on a forum? Hmmm...I'm worrying sometimes. :-)

: I want to make a simple form.
    :
    : Name:
    : Address:
    : Email:
    : Phone#:
    :
    : [Download]
    :
    :
    : The download button submits the form through email, and links to a
    : file on a ftp server.
    :
    : Any ideas for code? I don't know what I need to be able to submit a
    : form via email.
    I suggest you use a simple CGI/PHP/ASP script that takes the data from the form, uses the sendmail program to send the email and redirects the user to the required file. Be careful it's not insecure and easily exploited by spammers though.

There'll probably be a JavaScript way that will involve handling a form's onSubmit event too, but it won't be all that reliable in sending the data to you.

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• Is there a way that I can load a link to download a file off of a ftp server, and load another page at the same time? So when the user clicks the button, it will redirect them to an ftp file, then to another webpage that says thank you or somethng. (The download link can be in a new window if thats easier.)

: Does anyone else go to a festival, and while there log on to their fave programming site to answer questions on a forum? Hmmm...I'm worrying sometimes. :-)
    :
    : : I want to make a simple form.
    : :
    : : Name:
    : : Address:
    : : Email:
    : : Phone#:
    : : [Download]
    : : The download button submits the form through email, and links to a
    : : file on a ftp server.
    : : Any ideas for code? I don't know what I need to be able to submit a
    : : form via email.
    : I suggest you use a simple CGI/PHP/ASP script that takes the data from the form, uses the sendmail program to send the email and redirects the user to the required file. Be careful it's not insecure and easily exploited by spammers though.
    :
    : There'll probably be a JavaScript way that will involve handling a form's onSubmit event too, but it won't be all that reliable in sending the data to you.
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :

• : Is there a way that I can load a link to download a file off of a
    : ftp server, and load another page at the same time? So when the user
    : clicks the button, it will redirect them to an ftp file, then to
    : another webpage that says thank you or somethng. (The download link
    : can be in a new window if thats easier.)
    Yeah, you can do it by using JavaScript. Set the link to point at the file on FTP. Then capture the onClick event of the link, and call some JavaScript that open a new window with the thank you info in it.

Jonathan

PS - sorry I took my time getting back to you - forgot the question was waiting for an answer!

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");